Chin and Neck Liposuction - Recommended Procedure? (Photos)

I am a 24 y.o. woman looking for a procedure/combination that would remove fat and tighten skin. I've had a diffuse mass of fat on my neck since I was a child, and though I've gained/lost weight, the size has not changed much. I have been looking into ThermiTight, but I am not sure if it would help with my particular case. I would appreciate any advice on what procedure/s you would recommend, the approximate cost, what kind of recovery time I could expect. Thank you so much for your time!

You're on the right track

I suggest VASER liposuction/ThermiRF (Thermitight) to get the most contouring and reduction in fat.  You will have some swelling for several weeks and final results can take 3-6 months. Cost will vary, but you will want to see an expert for the best results. Best, Dr. Emer

Thanks for your question and photos. It is always best to have an in-person consultation with an expert for a procedure like SmartLipo. From your photos, SmartLipo may help and would provide skin tightening but you may require additional treatments for skin tightening which would take place well after recovery from SmartLipo. Please see a specialist. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

ThermiTight for fat necks

every patient must be evaluated and examined in person. Some patients may have underlying muscle sagging that would interfere with ThermiTight creating a good response in those with only excess fat or sagging skin. Some patients may have an underlying thyroid issue that would need blood tests to confirm or even a scan. For those patients who have purely fat accumulation causing their fat neck, ThermiTight sometimes combined with liposuction, can produce a great result.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs. 

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon