Brow skin wrapping around the eye? (Photo)

As you can see in the photo, it looks like the right brow skin wraps around my eye and ends past the corner of my eye. The brow also looks heavy. Can an endoscopic brow lift or a similar procedure resolve this issue?

Browlift/Upper Bleph

Hello, and thank you for your question and photo. Yes, you would be a good candidate for an endoscopic browlift. You might also benefit from an upper blepharoplasty, but it is hard to say without an exam. I would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your options. If brow heaviness is your main concern, the endoscopic browlift should get you results you are pleased with. Best of luck.

Dear Sean36, Yes an endoscopic browlift would help elevate the brows and open up the eyes so you do not have the heaviness and hooding you currently see. Many patients who have this concern feel like they look tired all the time when they feel fine, or that they look angry.  With an endoscopic browlift the small incisions are placed in the hairline and the entire facial unit of skin, muscle and soft tissue is then lifted upward and laterally providing a very youthful and natural appearance. In the video above you will see a male patient with similar complaints and the link below for further examples of this procedure. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Brow lift

It looks like you have already had an upper eyelid blepharoplasty.  If you take any more skin from the upper lid it is going to pull the brow down even further. You would benefit from either a temporal browlift or a full endoscopic brow lift.  This would be determined on exam.  Once you do that the excess skin in the corner will be off the lid. Do not do an upper lid blepharoplasty.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Several Options

There's a few options for you. You can lift your brows, remove some eyelid skin, or even just have Botox.  Botox could potentially smooth that area out without any surgery.
You have a few good choices and the key will be to see an experienced facial plastic surgeon for an in person consultation.
Best of luck.

Jeffrey H. Spiegel, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Browlift Question

Good Day!

Yes, to some degree the eyes would like wider but it's my recommendation you also have an upper eyelid lift (Blepharoplasty) . This will give you a more youthful appearance.

Yoav Barnavon, MD, FACS
Hollywood Plastic Surgeon

I don't think you need a brow lift.  I think probably an upper eyelid blepharoplasty would be better.  This is an operation where some of the excess and symmetric eyelid skin is removed. I have attached a link.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon