Breast revision, looking to go larger. Curious if the size I'm thinking would look proportional to my structure. 3rd BA (Photo)

Trying to achieve a fuller appearance and a better cleavage in a bikini top.. have had minor issues with my left breast having a slightly lower crease, will going bigger affect that at all? Also don't want to look fake and too round but I do enjoy the look of mod plus silicone. Started at 325cc saline..went to 475cc silicone mod plus implants.. 625 is what I'm thinking now.. I'm 5'6 120 pounds.. I'll include a pic of them now

Redo, redo, redo...of breast augmentation

Dear Anic4444,

Of course it is possible for you to go to a larger breast implant.  The question is, do you think it's a wise thing to do.  Presently, your breasts look great and are not that out of proportion to your body.  A larger implant may throw those proportions off and cause your breasts to age, i.e. sag, faster.  Good luck!

Careful consideration before moving foreward.

Your photo shows a full appearance for your frame size, good cleavage and excellent symmetry.  A larger implant will add addition weight to your breast tissue.  No ones tissues get stronger with time and the added weight will cause more stretching of your tissues and likely necessitate additional surgery in the future.  The additional surgery may require additional, more visible scars.  Consider this move carefully before proceeding and have a detailed consultation with your plastic surgeon.  Best wishes.

Breast augmentation

The larger you go the more risk of implant issues and need for a lift sooner. Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. I would ask you to consider an alternative option. You expressed that you do not want to look fake or out of proportion, however your current appearance already appears quite large. Although exchanging an implant to a larger size is an option, it is important to keep in mind that as you continue to go larger, the tissues covering the implant will only stretch more and, as this happens, thin them out further. This can lead to an increase in both visible and palpable irregularities and rippling and a decrease in support of the implants which could lead to problems including bottoming out and further descent. One option to consider in to enhance cleavage is to leave the implants alone and simply transfer fat from one part of your body to the breasts. Unlike an implant which occupies a single pocket, fat transfer can sculpt the breast in areas that an implant simply cannot reach. I would certainly discuss these options with your plastic surgeon. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Best breast implants for me; revisionary breast surgery?

Thank you for the question and picture. You will find that online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific advice in regards to selection of specific breast implant size/profile.  Keep in mind that adjustment of the breast implant capsules (capsulorraphy)  may will also be necessary.

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. 

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D or DD cup” or "proportional to my structure" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. 

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers). Viewing the patient's chest wall in the upright and supine positions, with temporary sizes in place, help select the best breast implant size/profile for the specific patient.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to larger breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

You have a very good look now, going bigger will push you towards a fake look without a doubt. You are saying you want one thing but are asking for another. Be careful what you wish for as going big will only lead to further revisions in the future.