Breast lift with implant? (Photo)

I'm 21 years old, 1 child, 5'4 and 115lbs. I am wondering if I will need a breast lift with implants? Will that make it so you can't see my chest bones? Is it better to get breast implants over or under the muscle? Around what size implants should I get because I am very petite? Also is silicone or saline implants better in your opinion? Approx how much does this cost? Thanks in advance!

Breast lift with Implants

Thank you for your question and for posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a breast lift with implants. This procedure will give you the look you desire. I recommend placing the implants under the muscle. You should undergo Vectra 3D Imaging to get an idea of how different sized and shaped implants will look on your frame. You will need to have an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. Breast of luck! 

Breast Lift

Yes, you will need a standard lift with implants.  I would recommend under the muscle.  Smooth round implants would be best.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and lift, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 450ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast lift with augmentation

You would most likely get the best result with a full breast lift with breast augmentation. Please seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Be sure to express your goals and expectations to your chosen surgeon. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area
#realself #drdeanvistnes #breastlift #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with implant?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, it appears that a breast lift with implants would be the best choice.  Implants are commonly placed under the muscle in a dual plane to achieve a more natural look and lower the risk of capsular contracture.  Breast implant selection is an important process and requires good communication between you and your surgeon. Typically, breast measurements are initially obtained to provide an initial guide to implants appropriate for your chest. It's then advised that you try different sizers in a normal bra with a tight t-shirt to get an idea of what your breasts would look like. It's important to focus on the look that you want instead of a specific cup size or implant size.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast Lift with Implants

Hi T!I haven't examined you, so with that in mind, yes you need a lift with implants.  Be sure you are all done with kids.  I runs about $8K in my neck of the woods.  Ask your PS to place the implants closer together to hide some of your chest bone. See the web link below and video.  It is your choice for which implant you prefer.  Both are just fine.  We do about 90% silicone gel and 10% saline, doing over 600 implants per year, so it is up to you on that one.  Here are a few tips for you because this is perhaps
the hardest decision for a patient to make, as well as the surgeon.  Also see the video attached to my answer.  We spend up to two hours for our BA consults
to be sure there is careful communication. We do a full exam in front of a
full-length mirror taking six exact measurements.    We
put your photos on a large computer screen for imaging, and go over your
“ideal-size” photos. We then save this information to your password protected
“web account.”      First and
foremost the implant should fit the dimensions of your breast and tissue cover.
 Balancing the implant to your
over-all body shape and tissue cover is essential.    The main thing is to
have the diameter of the implant fit the diameter of your breast "foot-print".
 Higher profile implants tend to have a smaller diameter.  Higher is really a marketing term, but often
translates into the same volume implant with a narrower base.  Saline implants actually tend to decrease in
diameter as they are inflated!  The average size chosen over our last 7,000 breast implants was
“350cc”.  BUT, 90% of our patients tell us they wish they were
bigger a year after BA.  (We will see you
every year for routine checks at no charge.) It’s like your mind incorporates
the "new you" into your own self-image over a period of time. Cup size estimates can be misleading, but I generally advise patients
that they will experience an increase of approximately one cup size per 200 cc.
 You can try on implants in the office by
placing them into a special bra.  The implant is also flattened somewhat when under
the muscle, so it is a good idea to bump it up a bit. Approximately 1-ounce (25cc) is added to the final volume to account for
flattening of the implant in the partial sub-muscular pocket.  Once you decide on a size you like, then add
on 25cc, because in real life the implant will be flattened slightly by your
tissues.  Multiple measurements need to
be taken to fit an implant to your exact anatomy.  Have your surgeon's
office show you the charts of the implant dimensions for the various profiles
of silicone and saline from the manufacturer.  Then you and your surgeon
can piece together the puzzle by matching your measurements, with your wishes,
versus your tissue cover and the available implants to arrive at
a surgical plan.  Keep in mind
larger implants tend to have more problems over the years.  Since silicone implants wrinkle less than
saline implants, they might be your best bet.      You can
also approximate this at home by measuring out an equivalent amount of rice
placed into a cutoff foot of old panty-hose, and put this in your bra.  Wear this around the house for a while, and
see what you think.  Implant size must
square with assessments of tissue cover, breast diameter, and chest wall width.
 Multiple measurements of your chest wall
are taken (seven in total).  Implant size
selection has been an issue of much discussion.     
Therefore, I use a wide variety of methods, but the implant size is
always established preoperatively.  Also,
patients are advised to bring reference photos demonstrating their ideal size
and shape.  A photo album of patient
pictures is maintained to assist them.  These photos ultimately help in determining
where the implants will be placed, since they can be shifted inside (to provide
more cleavage), to the outside, up or superiorly, and down or inferiorly during
surgery.  In determining the final size
selection, I always place the highest priority on the preoperative measurements
and potential tissue cover.  Finally,
your verbal requests are factored into the analysis.      We use
the quick-recovery approach, so click on the web reference link below to have
this explained and you can see the list of Quick-Recovery (Flash-Recovery or
Rapid-Recovery) Breast Augmentation articles from peer-reviewed surgery
journals.  It is a surgical procedure that
uses special instruments and techniques to minimize tissue damage and avoid
touching the ribs. It causes far less trauma to surrounding tissue than
traditional approaches, and it dramatically reduces pain and recovery time. In
published studies of BA patients, 95-percent of women interviewed after the
procedure returned to normal daily activities within 24-hours. Quick-recovery
BA is not a “gimmick.”  These specialized
techniques, which actually speed recovery and get you back to your daily
routine, kids and work, are published in our plastic surgery journals.  Because these PS journals are “peer-reviewed”
and edited, they are the gold-standard in our field as being valid science.
Therefore, these are sound techniques, not marketing hype.       Be sure
to see only a board certified plastic surgeon (by ABPS - The American Board of
Plastic Surgery) who is a member of ASAPS (The American Society for Aesthetic
Plastic Surgery) and or a member of ASPS (The American Society of Plastic
Surgeons).  Also, ask if the PS has an
established, high volume breast augmentation practice, performing several
hundred breast augmentations each year.  Be sure the PS has been in practice for a
while, about 20-years might be a good gauge. 
Does the PS offer all three incisions? 
Discuss the implant type (gel or saline), shaped "gummy bear"
or non-shaped, smooth or textured, implant pocket (over or under the muscle)
and the "quick-recovery approach." 
Ask to see their before and after photos if you didn’t see any on their
website.  If they are experienced, they should have several 100 breast
implant patients for you to view.  I would also recommend that your doctor
offer you the chance to talk to past patients who would be happy to discuss
their experience with you.  You need to feel comfortable, so make sure the
environment is safe as in an accredited surgery center.  Also, ask a prospective surgeon if he or she
has ever published journal articles in professional peer-reviewed journals,
which they can provide you.       All the best, “Dr. Joe”

Implants and a lift

I think that you would need breast implants along with a lift. Seeing your chest bones is related to you being very thin.

Breast lift with implants?

Thank you for your question and photos.  From your photos, it looks like you might be a good candidate for a breast lift. Whether or not you want breast implants would depend on your goals in terms of breast size. If you do decide on breast implants, you and your plastic surgeon will determine the best size based on your own goals and body dimensions.  Many plastic surgeons provide 3D imaging and sizers so that you can determine ahead of time what various size implants will look like on your body.  Placing the breast implants under the muscle tends to give a more natural result for most patients.  There are pros and cons to both saline and silicone gel implants. There is also a new implant called the Ideal structured implant that many patients like because it provides the natural feel of a gel implant, but poses no risk of silent rupture.  Breast implant prices vary widely regionally, but an average price would be between $6,000-$8,000. You may want to consider waiting until you are finished childbearing before having your surgery as your breasts will continue to change after each pregnancy. Be sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in breast surgery for best results.  I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.  

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Do I need breast lift with implants?

Thanks for your question and photo. You do have a downward orientation to your nipples--we call that ptosis, or sag. A breast lift, or mastopexy, would help that. Women who do not have a lot of breast tissue and request a lift often require an implant (either silicone or saline) to ensure upper breast fullness. This would be done in addition to a breast lift--at the same time. You appear to have full breasts and would likely require only a lift. Having said that, I recommend you wait to have any surgery on your breasts until after you are doing having your children. At age 21, you have plenty of time! At that time, you can discuss the pros and cons of implants with your plastic surgeon. I hope this helps with your question.

Breast lift with implant?

Thank you for your question and photo. Yes a combination breast lift with implants is likely your best option. You want your implants placed under the muscle. You have plenty of breast tissue so a smaller implant plus or minus around 250cc is likely all you will need. For more information please read below: