Breast lift or Breast Augmentation? (photos)

I had a breast lift done over a year ago but am not happy with results the upper pole has lost volume. Which procedure would be the beast to give me hat fullness a lift or augmentatio? I don't necessarily want to be bigger I'm happy at a C cup but if I did just a lift would my breast be smaller? When I did my first lift I went from a D to a C cup.

Breast Lift or Breast Augmentation?

If you are unhappy with the size as well as the droopiness of your breasts I recommend placement of breast implants while performing a breast lift procedure. Breast lift surgery (mastopexy) aims to correct sagging breasts with excess skin and moves the nipple to a higher position, thus creating a tighter, uplifted appearance.  The purpose of breast augmentation surgery serves only to enlarge the breasts. Breast implants do not lift the breasts and placing a larger implant for the purpose of potentially giving the breast an actual lift is not an idea that works. I encourage you to schedule a consultation with your board certified plastic surgeon to discuss both breast enhancement options and decide which option is best for you. Good luck! 

Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy and Augmentation

From your photos it appears that you would benefit from a mastopexy and small implant placed sub-muscular to achieve your goals.

Revision and implants

If you want more upper pole fullness then you likely would benefit from an implant and a revision lift.

BI or BA?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation .

Revision lift

Unfortunately, it appears that you may need another lift as your breasts seem to be sagging. The technique applied during your first breast lift may not have been sufficient, and you’ll most likely require a more extensive technique to achieve your expectations. Implants can be placed if you want more upper pole fullness. The implant size can be on the small side so they serve to shape your breasts more so than add volume.

Breast lift or Breast Augmentation?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

"Donut" lifts don't work very well. The vertical breast lift is better.

I don't see a vertical scar. Did you have a "donut" type of mastopexy? You need a vertical lift to remove all your excess lower breast skin and tighten your breasts. If just skin is removed, the lift tends to stretch back out, so a properly performed vertical breast lift will make your breasts smaller. You need simultaneous implants to restore volume to your upper poles. Breast lifts do not do this (despite what many people and even some surgeons believe). So if you want upper pole fullness, correction of sagging, and to stay about the same size, there is one option - a vertical augmentation/mastopexy. There are plenty of examples on my website. And you can read more about breast lifts.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Flat upper pole after breast lift

Looking at your pictures and given your recent history, I think you would benefit greatly from a Combination augmentation mastopexy. You will need a small implant to give you  upper pole fullness. Please see below so divide plastic surgeons in your area who have significant experience in augmentation mastopexy. Good luck!

Shwetambara Parakh, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift or Breast Augmentation?

Thank you for your question and photos.  Given you desire fullness in the upper portion of the breast you may be best served with an implant.  Many patients can benefit from a combination of an implant to fill the upper breast and a lift to tighten the skin and lift the breast.  I would start with a face to face consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience in breast surgery. During your visit your surgeon should be evaluating your health to determine if you are a good surgical candidate and examining your tissues to get a sense of what type of procedure your tissues will allow. Some patients may be a great candidate for a small implant alone or a combination implant and lift.  Only with a hands on exam can this be determined. During the consult you and the surgeon should be understanding of the goals and realistic outcomes of your choices. Once an exam and opinion is rendered then you can decide if surgery is right for you. Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift or Breast Augmentation?

You will benefit from additional breast lifting; whether or not to undergo breast augmentation also will depend mainly on your goals, best communicated with the help of visual aids (computer imaging or goal photos). Select your plastic surgeon carefully; work together and devise the best plan to achieve your goals. Best wishes.