Can I have a breast augmentation having colitis?

Safety of breast augmentation with colitis.

Providing that your colitis is under control a breast augmentation is possible.  It should be done with coordination between your gastroenterologist and plastic surgeon so your colitis medications can be adjusted if needed.  See a board certified plastic surgeon for a detailed consultation.

I appreciate your question.

Yes, as long as your colitis is under control and followed by a gastroenterologist.  You will need to be cleared for surgery by him/her.  Also, if you are on immune suppressing medications (steroids) your surgeon and GI doctor need to discuss best way to manage them while you recover.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Breast Augmentation and colitis

Thanks for your question. Yes, you can have a breast augmentation with colitis. It is important that you make your plastic surgeon aware of your condition and to see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Francis X. Fleming, MD
Kennewick Plastic Surgeon

Colitis & Breast Augmentation

Yes. But make sure that your plastic surgeon is aware of your condition and any medications that you are taking to control it. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Breast Augmentation with colitis?

Yes, patients with colitis can have breast augmentation. Your board certified plastic surgeon, should be made aware of your medical condition. They will have to know what medications that you are on, and if your colitis is under good control. A letter of clearance, from your GI doctor would also be helpful.

Good luck! 

Ryan Hoffman, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Colitis and breast augmentation, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. 

If all your pre op labs are in correct orden and your gastroenterology doctor approve the procedure it can be done. 

Respectfully, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Colitis and breast augmentation

If your colitis is under control and you get medical clearance, and you are able to stop some of your meds prior to and after surgery for a while then likely you can have a breast augmentation.

The answer is yes. Please see a plastic surgeon for a full in person consultation. To choose a plastic surgeon please go to the official website of the American Society of Plastic surgeons and select 'find a plastic surgeon'.

Gurmander Singh Kohli, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation with colitis

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• Yes, you can have a breast augmentation if you have colitis -
  • Provided the colitis is under control.
  • If you are on immune-suppressing medications (e.g. steroids), be sure that your surgeon and your colitis physician talk before surgery about how to manage your medicines while you recover from surgery.
  • Enjoy your result!
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Hi... thank you for the question, This condition if is treated, and stable, do not interfere with the breast augmentation procedure. Get a clearance from your GI to make sure. 

Luis A. Mejia, MD