Can these be done at once, or would I need to break them up into several visits?

I want lipo (stomach, flanks, back) with fat transfer to breasts. I need a breast lift too. I don't want them to be huge, so I think there will be fat left over. So maybe use some to fill out lips, marionette lines, tear trough, and a scowl line. I have a double chin and weak jawline, so add in neck lipo and small chin implant. I read only so many hours worth of procedures can be done at once. Do these fall in that timeframe? If not, how long should I wait between surgeries?

Multiple surgeries

Performing multiple operations isn't like going on a shopping spree. Every procedure has its own risks and morbidities.  Fat injection, which is not a procedure I recommend over implants, liposuction and a breast lift are all time consuming. The cost of the proposed surgeries is quite substantial. The waiting time between procedures is six weeks although most patients opt to extent this after they have experienced surgery.

Fat injection and surgery

I am not a big fan of primary breast augmentation with fat. I find that implants give a more reliable volume.

Planning multiple procedures

Thank you for asking about your liposuction, fat transfers, breast lift and chin implant.

• It might be possible to do all this at one time but one can't really tell without an examination
  • And in fact, the decision may have to be made at surgery, depending on how things go.
  • What about listing these procedures in order of priority to you so that your surgeon knows what must be done first and what might be done later, possible even under local in the office.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Multiple procedures

Hello and thank you for your question. This may be possible but it really depends on your individual exam and medical history.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Multiple Procedures

Sometimes multiple procedures can be done together.  But extended anesthesia time carries some life threatening risks as the time becomes increasingly longer.

Get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to see what can be done together and what is wiser to separate out after an exam and complete discussion of your desires and the costs and risks and benefits.

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon