Boston/Massachusetts docs for Voluma?

My left side of face was destroyed due to doctor taking out too much volume out with enzyme. It makes me look years older. I would like to have the cheek area corrected, or I guess I'm looking at implants and./or face lift. Which would be better in my case? I'd love to post my pics but way too embarrassed. They look ugly. I've had more and more Juvy injections, but the cheeks look too low. I need them higher up, so as to mask the deep circles, but everyone seems afraid to do that. Any ideas Thank you

Doctor Answers 6


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question. Juvederm Voluma is the most effective FDA-approved injectiblel for increasing volume in the cheeks. As a cross-linked hyaluronic acid, Juvederm Voluma is more viscous and able to last longer, up to 24-months. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Please do not feel embarrassed - there are many patients with stories similar to yours. 

Best wishes,

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 124 reviews

Cheek Implants or Voluma

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Without photos, it is impossible to give you an accurate recommendation. Voluma can be highly effective and I always like to start with the least invasive approach, but if you have severe volume loss, an implant may be a better choice. My best advice would be for you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (look on the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website) to be assessed in person.  Hope this helps.


Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

Go with the best for cheek augmentation and under-eye circles treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This is hard to answer without pictures. You can do more contouring and add fullness to the face with facial fillers and/or Botox, implants or fat. Dark circles are genetic and can be treated with lower eyelid surgery or fillers, lasers, and microneedling/PRP. Don't let distance dissuade you. I recommend seeing an expert for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Voluma for cheek area versus facelift and implants

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your results.

Voluma is an excellent filler for mid face volume correction, but it is a temporary filler. In my opinion you should also consider looking at other long term options such as fat injection, Bellafill fillers and possible implants. Find an expert cosmetic physician/surgeon who can explain all the options which are suitable for you and then make your decision.

Voluma for Cheeks

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Voluma is a great product for facial injections and I am sorry that you had such a bad experience.  Without photos it is impossible to even offer any advice.  I would consult a board certified dermatologist to assess the area and see if it is possible to correct this now with fillers or with Sculptra.  Best, Dr. Green

Boston/Massachusetts docs for Voluma?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for sharing your experiences and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  It is difficult to offer definite recommendations without a full series of photographs, or an in-person examination.  Often the Voluma can be redone, fat grafting pursued, or possibly a facelift to improve upon your current appearance.  I am attaching a link below that should allow you to search for local ASPS board certified surgeons to best assist you. 

Nelson Castillo, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 80 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.