I was wondering is it really needed to stay in a recovery house after a bbl?

I was wondering is it really needed to stay in a recovery house after a bbl or should my friend and I be ok dealing with the after math of both of us getting a bbl...

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon

Recovering after surgery

I'm going to make an assumption that you're planning on traveling to a developing nation to get discount cosmetic surgery. Perhaps Dominican Republic? I say so because the great majority of plastic surgeons in the United States do not use recovery homes and discuss postoperative care in great detail during the consultation. Recovering yourself in a cheap hotel in a Third World country after many hours of general anesthesia and a major surgical procedure does not sound like a very smart idea to me. I personally would take advantage of living in a country that has the highest medical standards in the world. Too many Americans have gone to the DR and been shipped back in body bags. Most countries have talented and not so talented doctors. The United States has the most rigorous training and certification programs in the world. This article summarizes some of my concerns regarding medical tourism  Dominican authorities have shut down a plastic surgery clinic as they
investigate the death of a U.S. woman who traveled to the Caribbean
country to undergo a liposuction procedure, officials said Sunday. The prosecutor's office in Santo Domingo said the 23-year-old woman
traveled to the Dominican Republic two days before her April 23
procedure but did not disclose where she was from in the U.S. The clinic is run by Dr. Edgar Contreras, who has been the subject of
three other probes by Dominican investigators over the years. He could
not be immediately contacted for comment. The U.S. citizen is the fourth woman and the second American who has
died so far this year at Dominican plastic surgery clinics. They
include a 35-year-old from Hawaii identified who authorities say died
after a liposuction procedure and a 24-year-old woman who died from an
embolism in February after undergoing surgery to have implants removed
from her buttocks. Last year, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
reported that at least 19 women in five states had developed serious
mycobacterial wound infections following cosmetic procedures in the
Dominican Republic such as liposuction, tummy tucks and breast
implants. The Caribbean country, like nations such as Thailand, Mexico and Costa
Rica, has promoted itself as a destination for medical tourism,
so-called because people will often tack on a few days at a resort
before or after undergoing surgery. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD