BBL full recovery time? (Photo)

If I get my bbl done late February early March... Will I be fully recovered in time for bikini season?? (May- June-July-August) ?? Does the shape continue to change until it finally finds it permanent shape?

Full Recovery Time from Brazilian Butt Lift?

The earlier you perform the BBL the sooner you will be beach ready. The simple answer is yes, you can be beach ready May if you have it done in February or March. But the sooner you do it the better you will look by May. 

For the first two weeks expect to be laying down on your stomach or standing up since you cannot sit down on your new bottom. After those two weeks you can be expected to be back at work with the use of a boppy pillow to sit down. This will prevent you from putting pressure on your buttocks.  

For the 1st month expect to be wearing your garments 24 hours a day and during your second month you can be wearing it 12 hours a day. Every week that passes the swelling goes down even more but some treatments that you can apply to speed up your recovery include anti-bruising supplements and lymphatic massages. These treatments you can start from your first post operative day. 

By the 3rd month 80% of your swelling is expected to have subsided. And by the 6th month you should see your final result. 

BBL full recovery time?

That should provide enough time to recover.  When more is liposuctioned and more is transferred, the recovery is longer but the result is more dramatic.

Beverly Hills, CA

Reocvery time after BBL

Hello and thank you for your question.  You should see an instant gratification and change in shape after your surgery.  Of course, you may be a little swollen and potentially bruised after your surgery.  Over time the scars fade, swelling goes down, and you will be recovered. Different surgeons have different post-op recovery routines, but the short answer to your question is that YES, your should be ready for bikini season if you get your surgery before Spring....  The data on fat transfer tells us that between 50-80% of the fat transferred will survive when performed with good technique, so a little bit of your volume may go away within 6-12 months, but your overall shape and contour should actually improve over that time as the tissue heals from within.  Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to improve your chances of great results combined with your utmost safety and satisfaction in mind. I hope this helps to answer your questions and please feel free to reach out to me if I can be of further assistance.

Sean Kelishadi, MD

BBL Recovery

A Brazilian Butt Lift is a transfer of a person’s own fat from one area of the body to another to improve the overall contour. To ‘harvest’ the fat we use liposuction to vacuum out the excess tissue, process it with a centrifuge type system to remove the impurities and excess fluid, and then we inject it back into the areas we want to enhance. Typical areas for lipo are the abdomen, flanks or love handle areas, back and thighs. In a BBL the receiving site is the buttocks area. The sore part of this surgery is the liposuction. The areas we harvest from are tender and swollen for a few weeks afterward, and are not fully back to normal for a couple of months. Expect that it will be at least 2-3 months before you see all of the changes in your contour that will happen. After the surgery I usually recommend patients plan to take about 5-7 days off of work, and 3-4 weeks off of vigorous exercise (i.e.: jogging/aerobics), but it is okay to walk and do lighter things almost right away. One specific restriction with a Brazilian Butt Lift is that we want to avoid prolonged pressure on the buttocks area for the first 2 weeks after surgery. Too much pressure will cause the transferred fat to die, and we will not get the enhancement you are looking for. This means sleeping on your tummy for 2 weeks, and using a cushion to sit on for 2 weeks. You also have to get up frequently, or shift the pressure every 10 or 15 minutes while sitting during that time. You and your plastic surgeon need to review these issues before surgery and make a plan specific to your situation in order to maximize your results successfully.

BBL

Hello dear, thanks for your post. This is a very common question, as I believe that the post-operative care is a very important part of achieving your final results.

The fat transfer, often called Brazilian butt lift has become extremely popular because it allows your plastic surgeon to transform your entire shape. You improve your waist, hips and of course your buttock.

The area where the fat is harvested (liposuction) is sore but typically patients don’t have a lot of pain. Patients also typically do not have a lot of pain in the buttock where the fat is placed. It is difficult for patients to get comfortable the first few days after the surgery, as they are sore in multiple places.

The difficult part of the recovery is that I do not allow patients to sit for the first two weeks after the surgery. The fat needs time to heal and become part of your buttock. During this time patients may lie on their stomach, stand and walk, but they need to avoid sitting as much as possible. The majority of patients are back at work after a week of recovery.

For six months I have patients in a special compression garment that helps shape the buttock and compress the areas that have been liposuctioned.

In general of the procedures that I perform this is one where patients tend to be universally extremely happy

Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

BBL and beach season

Most patients can go back to full activity within 6-8 weeks, so if you do it early, you should be ready by the summer.