When can I do some serious backpacking ? (photos)

35 lb bag. Whole body workout. Think Hiking sticks, rock scrambles, 20 + mile days. This is a VERY strenuous workout and I'll want to be out for a few weeks. Currently Im a week out with amazing results. I had a Bellini lift a slight larger lower projectile implant put in.

Serious backpacking after augment-mastopexy

Thanks for your question.  Before embarking on a trip this strenuous I would definitely recommend consulting with your PS, since they will be in the best position to assess your healing.  As a ballpark, most of my patients have returned to all activities including sports by 6 weeks postop.

Activity and implants

For my patients, I do not allow them to start even light aerobic workouts for at least 3-4 weeks. You should discuss this with your surgeon.

Backpacking after Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question. This decision is up to your Plastic Surgeon but my recommendation would be to wait at least 6 weeks post-op to begin that strenuous of an exercise. 

SERIOUS BACKPACKING

Thank you for the question and the pictures.    I tell my patients that they may return to a normal routine at 4 weeks,  but you definitely need to discuss this with your sureon.    good luck

Richard Rosenblum, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Post BBA Hiking

Each Plastic Surgeon has their own preferred post op protocol. I would recommend that you discuss your specific concerns with them as they know your situation the best. In my practice I advise patients to begin slowly reintroducing upper body workouts at 6 weeks post BBA.
All the best

Serious backpacking after breast implants and lift surgery

First, always best to check with your surgeon about his or her protocol and recommendations. I would tell my patient to wait about 8 weeks before they do activity of the level you describe and to start light training for this at 6 weeks. I have a couple of triple crown body builders in my practice who followed this protocol and then went back into competition. Hope this info was helpful. Have fun. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

? When is it ok to resume vigorous activities after BBA/BBL

Congratulations on an excellent result thus far!!  In my practice, I have my patients wait at least 6–8 weeks before beginning vigorous exercise to allow the implants to settle and the wounds to heal sufficiently so that the wounds will not open up. I would certainly check with your plastic surgeon to find out what his/her recommendations  are regarding beginning exercising after breast surgery. Best of luck as the healing process continues. 

Ready for Strenuous Exercise

Thanks for your question and pictures.  It looks like you have a great result.  I would say at least 6 weeks for this type of strenuous exercise and weight bearing.   Just check with your surgeon and fully explain your plans.  Enjoy your trip!
Cheers,Steven Camp MD#HappyCamperMD 

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

When can I do some serious backpacking ?

Thank you for your question and photos.  It looks like you have a great result.  In my practice I would recommend at least 6 weeks after surgery to have unrestricted activity.  I would recommend you touch base with your surgeon for their final approval. Enjoy!

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Strenuous activity

Hello and thank you for your question! Indeed that is a strenuous workout. Although I will suggest to you what I recommend to all of my patients, and that is after 6 weeks of recovery time and once you personally feel strong enough for strenuous outdoor activity you have the green light. (I suggest possibly building up to 20 miles - start with 5, and then 10, and work your way up) Although you seem like you hike quite a lot. Of course I suggest setting up a consultation with your board certified plastic surgeon before you set off on your trip - get his or her opinion on how well you are healing before heading out. 

Best wishes!

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD