Asymmetric swelling 11 months post op.

I got a closed rhino to fix a slanted nose 11 months ago.The doctor broke the bone straightining both that and the septum.My nose is straight now, i can tell since my septum is straight to the touch & if I look at my nose from under the septum is in the middle.1 side is still less defined and shaped as the other, it's very minor tho.The other side regained the natural curve I had before the procedure yet the other has yet to slim down like before. Is it just swelling that's taking a bit longer?

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. Swelling can take anywhere from 12-18 months to fully resolve therefore, your appearance will continue to refine over this period of time and your nasal appearance will settle to a final outcome. Your doctor may prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help reduce the swelling. Healing is often unpredictable and one side may heal quicker than the other and sometimes even nasal bones may shift in healing.  The outcomes may not be as expected.  In some cases a revision may be recommended to refine your outcomes, but I would wait at least 12-18 months so you are fully healed before considering a revision. 
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon