What is the best approach to plump and smooth my face for a renewed look?

I am going to be 25 and I have been meaning to get a consult with an experienced dermatologist/plastic surgeon. I am a bit concerned because I am not near Beverly Hills or New York where it seems you can more easily find a good Dr. Here in Boston I don't know where to start. Please let me know what your approach would be and if there are any recommended Drs. near me. My concern is drooping cheeks and under eye hollows/wrinkles. I want my look to remain natural

Doctor Answers 4

Looking for a refreshening look

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

First of all, you are very pretty. If you are in need of some refreshing, I would recommend seeing a board certified dermatologist or board certified facial plastic surgeon to go over the specific areas you want addressed. For the skin, I would recommend a light peel or laser to exfoliate and refine your skin. You should always be wearing sun screen and drink plenty of water. In addition, if you desire treatment for underage hollows or "sagging cheeks" I would recommend Restylane for the tear trough and voluma to help lift up your cheek bones - both procedures should be done modestly as you are young and small amounts will make a significant difference to you. I hope this helps, and good luck!

New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

What is the best approach to plump and smooth my face for a renewed look?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A light fruit-acid-based chemical peel to smooth out skin texture and tone would be great! Another option is a light Fraxel® laser resurfacing treatment with good quality physician-dispensed skin care. Dermatology Associates of Chestnut Hill has a very good reputation. Please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation! 

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

The Natural Solution with lasers, microneedling/prp, fillers, Sculptra

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are a lot of great options. A combination approach of fillers, skin tightening, sculptra for collagen building, lasers and microneedling/prp can all give you great improvement. I suggest a formal consultation with an expert in facial sculpting. Don't let distance dissuade you, see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

I'm 25 My concern is drooping cheeks and under eye hollows/wrinkles. I want my look to remain natural.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

 Hi, non smiling photos of your face would help in the evaluation.  Drooping cheeks, especially at age 25, is an indication of cheeks that are flat or concave anteriorly (in the front).  I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years.  

 Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.  Avoid augmenting the cheeks towards the outside which will broaden and masculinize the face by making it more square shaped. 

Hope this helps.

Francis R. Palmer, III, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.