Should an African American with full lips get fillers? (Photo)

I just turned 21 and I've always been self conscious about my lips. I wanna get my upper lip filled because my lower lip are slightly bigger. I was wondering would it be bad if I got fillers for my top lip. Would that change my lip shape?

Full Lips

Hello, from what I can see you already have full lips. It is natural to have your lower lip be slightly larger than your top lip. If you desires a change in your lips size, I would recommend consultation with a surgeon familiar with lip augmentation procedures and fillers. Good Luck.

Lip filler

Not even sure why you are considering this.  It is anatomically CORRECT for the upper lip to be thinner than the lower lip.  Put another way, the fact that your "lower lip are slightly bigger" is NORMAL.  No fillers for you, in my opinion :)  Be well.

Estee Williams, MD

Fillers

You should start out with maybe 1cc of filler and go from there. You do not want to overdo too much filler in the lips. It also depends on the look you are going for too. You can always add more filler to the lips if needed. Just remember if you are going to do your lips and you do not want to bruise you should not take any aspirins or anything that will thin the blood since brusing can occur.

Elliot M. Heller, MD