How to achieve the shape I desire and is it possible without a lollipop lift? (photos)

I have 11 year old implants in tuberous breasts. I have never been satisfied with the shape: low nipple and my lower pole is nonexistent. Last year one implant dropped lower. I am seeking to replace my implants and restore symmetry to my breast with as little scaring as necessary. The lower one is more comfortable. I want a full lower pole with a centered nipple, but not at the cost of a lollipop scar. I don't want to go much bigger. I have 320cc, under the muscle, through the areola.

Lift

I would recommend a circum-areolar lift (lollipop lift) on the right to match the left.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Best wishes!
Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Lift or no lift

Your case is a little complex. It appears that your breast on the left has a tight capsule and the implant on the left had the capsule break about a year ago. I cannot give you specific advise without an examination however the old scar tissue needs to be removed and new implants placed. After healing  the need for a mastopexy can be accessed. 

Ralph M. Rosato, MD
Vero Beach Plastic Surgeon

Why to consider a lollipop lift for asymmetry with tubular breasts

It is important to consider all of the factors that contribute to asymmetry in order to get the best result. In your case, one nipple is lower and more lateral, but the distance from the nipple to the bottom appears to be about the same as on the other side because the bottom fold is lower. There is no way to lower the nipple on the side where it is higher. If you raise the nipple with a Benelli (periareolar) lift, this will not increase the distance between the nipple and the fold. So if you raise the fold to match the other side, the distance is too short. A lollipop lift allows for correction of this and is a good trade-off. Changing implants alone will not do it.

Richard Baxter, MD

Asymmetry

It may be possible to use different implamts to get the result you desire.  If your pockets were adjusted & with the use of broader / higher implants that were placed closer to the midline, you may get what you are after without any kind of lift.  As you still appear quite young, I would wait until you have more significant droop before considering a lift of any type.  It is likely that whatever procedure you have now, and in the future that you will still have some asymmetry.  All the best

Kim Taylor, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Lift?

A revision is warranted if you want different size implants. A circumareola lift may be all that is necessary.

How to achieve the shape I desire and is it possible without a lollipop lift?

Thank you for the question. Although definitive advice would require in-person evaluation, it is very likely that revisionary breast surgery involving adjustment of the breast implant capsules, selection of appropriate breast implant size/profile, and circumareolar mastopexy (of the lower breast) will be helpful in improving your outcome. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Breast Augmentation and Symmetry Issues

You have a complex problem involving aged implants that are presumably still functioning ok and asymmetry with tuberous breast deformity.  You need a personalized approach after an exam and review of your history with an experienced plastic surgeon.

You may not be able to improve the shape to your satisfaction without adding some scar to the breast so you will need to decide on your priorities and make some choices after a discussion of your needs, wants and desires and after exploring what are the likely outcomes under various scenarios.

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon