Am I a decent candidate for a FUE Hair Transplant? (photos)

Hello, I am a 26 year old East African male who is interested in receiving a Fue Hair Transplant. My hairline has been receding since the age of 17 and I understand that my recession will more likely than not continue deep down into my crown area. However, when weighing the risks vs benefits I believe having a transplant to receive a new hairline and fill in my temple areas will greatly improve my quality of life as I enter my late 20s and early 30s. Are there any other risks I should consider?

FUE hair transplant candidate

I recommend you begin a medical therapy such as Romaine, Propecia, Laser therapy or PRP to slow the progression of your hair loss.  However, based on your photos and age, it does appear you are a good candidate for an FUE procedure.  The risks a complications of the procedure are very minimal.  Good luck!

Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE hair transplant candidate

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE Candidacy

The most reliable way to determine if you're eligible for a hair transplant would be to see a doctor in person. But, based on the images and the information you've provided you seem like a candidate for FUE. When looking for doctors make sure you find one that has experience working with your type of hair and doing similar corrections to what you'd like to achieve.

Sean Behnam, MD
Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE Candidacy

Sean Behnam, MD
Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

Curly hair transplant

You likely would be a good candidate for a hair transplant.  Harvesting extremely curly hair could be a bit more challenging.  However, in answer to your question regarding risk factors, it is considered a low risk procedure. 

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Curly hair transplant

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Photos cannot assess if you would be a candidate for surgery. Usually this involves seeing a doctor in person.

Photos cannot assess if you would be a candidate for surgery.  Usually this involves seeing a doctor in person.  FUE is just a harvesting method of harvesting the hair follicles.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE Candidate

Your hair loss pattern is typically amenable to hair transplant.  You have short hair in the pictures that you supplied, so FUE is typically the better option if you plan to keep your hair short.  Your hair is too short to tell if its curly, but FUE can become challenging if their is too much hair curl.  You will likely continue to lose hair and should consider medical therapy such as Propecia, Rogaine, and PRP if you are medically able. 

Kevin Ende, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

FUE Candidate

Kevin Ende, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

FUE candidate?

Based on the photos and your history you appear to be a good candidate for FUE restoration of the hairline and front of your scalp.Minoxidil and/or Finasteride(Propecia) may help prevent further loss towards the crown.

David Deutsch, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE candidate?

David Deutsch, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

26 year old with frontal balding

Yes, you should be a good candidate for FUE hair transplantation. You have a Class 3A pattern of hair loss and this usually is easily corrected with FUE

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

26 year old with frontal balding

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon