3 weeks post-op; is drain hole/site infected? (Photos)

I am over 3 weeks post fleur de lis tummy tuck and I am wondering if the drain site is infected and what are some signs of being infected. I had drains removed at 8 days post op and in the pictures below one the incision is dry and the other picture I had just applied triple antibiotic and medihoney concoction for scar therapy. Should i put gauze over incision or leave it I still wear a compression garment with a tank top underneath so it wont irritate skin.

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (3 weeks post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Infection after Tummy Tuck?

The drain site doesn't look too unusual to me but it is best for you to contact your surgeon to evaluate your situation if you have concerns any time you are worried about a possible post op problem.  Photos can be helpful but nothing is quite like an in-person exam.

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Post-op

Dear Sleaved-Barbie,What are your symptoms: whether you have pain at either sites, with or without pressure, is there drainage from the drain site?, is it offensive or not?, do you experience any fever?. In addition and more importantly what is the trend of your symptoms ie. do you find the pain to be improving or getting worse? From the pictures that you have attached, it appears that the drain site is inflamed. If you look at the incisions they are similarly inflamed and this is quite normal at this stage post op.I would encourage you to keep the drain site covered with a post op Opsite for example. I would also encourage you to wash the drain site daily with Chlorhexidine based liquid soap and water. Please clear these instructions with your plastic surgeon. Many thanks and good luck.

Gideon Maresky, MD
South Africa Plastic Surgeon