If you are 200 pounds, can you still get a liposculpture or would it have to be a tummy tuck?

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Dr. Derby Sang

Its hard to answer without photos, but most of the time it is better to combine both procedures for a better and natural look. I suggest you to consult a Board certified PS for a physical examination and go over all your concerns.

Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Depends

Hello Nancy, all depends ifthe person has saggy skin, for example after pregnancies of after lossing a lot of weight there will be flaccid skin and stretch marks, in this kind of skin if a liposuction is performed, the will be more saggy tissue and more flaccidity giving a not esthetic result. During an evaluation or sending photos (if you are in another city) to a certified plastic surgeon will tell which one is the correct procedure for you. 

Regards.

Kemil Issa, MD