Will revision Lipo work for me? (photo)

This is how I look after 2 revisions. My last revision was about 3 years ago. I am so unhappy with the results of my "smart" Lipo 5 years ago. I was told that there are some new technologies on the horizon to address these issues. I can live with the lower abd irregularity but the Fiberous lumps are what really bother me. I would love any thoughts or opinions you can provide. Thank you so much!

Will revision Lipo work for me?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Unhappy with smart lipo

Unfortunately you are one of many patient I see who are unhappy with smart lipo, something I have almost always advised against.  I have found much more internal scarring than with regular tumescent lipo under anesthesia. I do think you can be improved with agressive separation and minimal liposuction.  This is often referred to as S.A.F.E. Lipo.  Hopefully this will help the irregularities but there are no guarantees.  Good luck, Dr. Schuster in Boca Raton. 

Liposuction revisions

it's unlikely that any substantial improvements could be made if you had two revisions after poorly performed liposuction.You would certainly need an examination before anyone could give you an accurate answer.It's possible to converting to an abdominoplasty  could make some improvements but it's an awful lot to go through.
Mats Hagstrom, MD

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Will revision Lipo work for me?

This is becoming an all too frequent problem we are seeing around the country when thin patients have a laser type liposuction. The irregularities are caused by scar formation which then contracts. Further treatment will cause further problems. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Smart liposuction - very unhappy with long term result

Thank you for asking about your smart liposuction.I am sorry you have this result - it is not uncommon after smart liposuction. I do not know of any new technologies to fix this but injection of steroid into the scars may soften them. I suggest you see a plastic surgeon near you to be examined because the examination may help determine what should, and should not, be done. Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- HI DEFINITION REVISION

I suggest seeing a vaser HI definition sculpting physician who can evaluate what type of procedure is needed and if revision and fat grafting are needed. Best, Dr. Emer.

Will revision Lipo work for me?

More liposuction alone will not improve your irregularities. You have a combination of uneven liposuction and probably some subcutaneous scarring causing the lumps. This can be a very difficult and expensive to correct and complete correction may not be possible. Speak with a surgeon experienced in doing revision cosmetic surgery. Fat grafting may help, but will require multiple treatments. An abdominoplasty may also help if you have enough loose skin.

Revision liposuction

The more liposuction procedures one has, the more scarring that develops in the left over fat and the more difficult it becomes to remove it and even it out. There may be some noninvasive technologies that carry minimal risk that may benefit you. However, this requires a detailed and comprehensive discussion with the physician providing this treatment option for you.

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Will revision Lipo work for me?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph. I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated after your liposuction.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination a combination of fine cannula liposuction would help smooth some of your contour irregularity while fat grafting into other areas may be appropriate to improve your results.  Depending on the consistency of the lumps adjunct therapies can be instituted to try and soften them.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation, improvement will require an experienced physician.