Would you recommend I get mole removed from face by plastic surgeon or dermotologist? Want minimal scarring (Photo)

I want a mole removed from my face but am wondering if I should get it done by plastic surgeon or Dermotologist. Since its on my face I don't want visible scarring. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Doctor Answers 2

Dermatologic surgeons have most options available to minimize mole removal scars.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Both a plastic surgeon and dermatologic surgeon can remove moles on the face very nicely but if you have a choice, I would always choose a derm surgeon since she/he will do great and know just how deep the mole is and offer options such as curettage or dermabrasions post removal to minimize scarring that others don't know about.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 46 reviews

Mole Removal -- Lasers, Radiowave, Shave -- See an Expert

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
There are many options for treatment including shave removal with laser or dessication will give improvement. Scarring, if removed by an expert, will be minimal and can be treated with lasers and microneedling. A board certified dermatologist or board certified plastic surgeon should easily be able to assess and remove this mole. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.