It has been almost 1 month after the transplant and I start to get dandruff and itching. Is this normal? (photos)

is it normal is this dandaruff ??? can I use oil so scalp be more soft and the dandruff goes??? this is dandruff right or just dead skin can u tell by pic ???

It has been almost 1 month after the transplant and I start to get dandruff and itching. Is this normal?

The “Organic Hair Transplantation” method is a novel development in modern hair transplantation surgery practice which was developed with the efforts of our research and development department. Now; our successful hair transplantation results has evolved to a new era thanks to the “Organic Hair Transplantation” method. We can consider this new method as a revolutionary development.

“Organic Hair Transplantation” is based on injection of a mixture containing adipose derived stem cells obtained from own fat tissue of the patient to the scalp of the patient. The recipient area gets rejuvenated and the viability of transplanted grafts is increased with the effects of adipose derived stem cell injection. The injection of adipose derived stem cells also provides a better work area for the surgeon.

Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

One month after a hair transplant and it itches

I recommend that you never scratch the graft area as it will cause grafts to come out and introduce the possibility of infection. The medications HPR + HydroGel work well for itching and you can get the reference from your doctor or call 1-844-genRx2u to get the medications.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is not normal to have extreme buildup of dead skin after surgery. Please contact your doctor and possibly go back for a rech

It is not normal to have extreme buildup of dead skin after surgery. Please contact your doctor and possibly go back for a recheck.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you do not aggressively shampoo your scalp following a transplant, you will accumulate dead skin.

It is common for men to avoid shampooing aggressively following a hair transplant.  This results in an accumulation of dead skin.  You might try washing aggressively and using a fine tooth comb to lift the dead skin off the top of the scalp.  If the problem persists after you properly cleanse it, you should see your physician and consider a dandruff shampoo.  Most likely it is because you were too careful washing your scalp following your procedure. 

John P. Cole, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

Looks normal

It is quite normal to go through this phase after hair transplantation.  Sometimes your doctor can prescribe a steroid foam or shampoo to help with the itching.  It is very important not to actually itch the scalp as this will only make it more irritated and can lead to superficial folliculitis due to bacteria from your fingernails.  This phase will normally go away in a couple of months. It looks like your transplants are coming along nicely.  Good luck.

Jeffrey Marvel, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

It looks extreme

but can not be sure from the pictures. You should go in and talk directly to the doctor about the next best step.

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist