I am not happy with the shape. Do you think they will become more round over time? (Photo)

I am 3 weeks post op and I really wanted nice full round breast. I feel like they are too cone shape. I got 400cc saline implants under the muscle.

#breastimplants #bodybycoan #plasticsurgeon

Hi Hawaii, Thanks for your question and photos.  You're very early out from having your procedure and it can take up to five or six months for your final breast augmentation result to take shape.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  However, for now try to be patient.  Best to you. -Dr. Brian Coan

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Implants are cone shaped, not round

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• With your implants under the muscle, they haven't settled in place yet.
  • One is lower than the other - that always happens.
  • I think this is a matter of time but be sure your surgeon knows your concern so s/he can help you through this frustrating time.
  • It can take 3 months or more to get your final shape.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

I am not happy with the shape. Do you think they will become more round over time?

Given that you are very “fresh” out of surgery, it is quite possible that you are experiencing significant “emotional ups and downs” unnecessarily. In other words, it is much too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed; your breasts will undoubtedly change over the course of the next several weeks/months. Many of my patients report that as the swelling around the breast implants (for example, in the sternal area) decreases, they feel that their breasts appear more projecting. Also, in my opinion, the "drop and fluff” phenomenon does hold some validity; as breast implants “settle”, many patients feel that their breasts actually look larger. Although online consultants cannot predict whether or not you will be pleased with the long-term outlook, of the procedure performed, it is safe to predict that the breasts will change. Do your best to stay emotionally even keeled. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with longer-term.

Thank you for your question and providing photos. It would be helpful to see a before picture. That being said, I tell all my patients that it takes 4-5 months for your implants to fully settle and all your swelling to resolve. I do believe your breast shape will continue to change as this process progresses. I would try and relax and give yourself a chance to heal. Best of luck

3 weeks

As the implants settle, you can expect more filling of the lower pole of the breasts, and less bulging of the upper poles.  This can take upward of three months.  Patience.

All the best.  

Not happy with shape

you need to wait 6-8 weeks for the implants to fall. you need to discuss with your surgeon and he or she will tell the same thing. I think you will have a good result.

William Lambeth, MD (retired)
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant surgery

Hello, and thank you for this question. You are still very early in the healing phase I would recommend observation at this point. It may take 3-4 months to allow your breast to resume a more normal shape as the implants drop in soften and settle. Continue to follow up with your treating physician. Best of luck.

John J. O'Brien, Jr., MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

I am not happy with the shape. Do you think they will become more round over time

Thank ypu for submitting your question and photos.  Congratulations on breast augmentation surgery. Over the next few weeks and months your breast will change shape and your implants will drop.  Be patient and discuss your concerns with your Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes

Three weeks is too early to judge the results. Give it at least 3 months for everything to settle out. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

3 weeks post breast augmentation

At 3 weeks it is still very early in the healing process after breast augmentation. As the implants soften, settle and drop with breast shape will change. Give your body time to heal. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have for his evaluation and advice . Good luck! Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon