I currently have 350cc breast implants and I'm considering removing them or getting smaller implants? (Photos)

In 2008 I received 350cc silicone implants under the muscle. I was 105 lbs 34A ,5'0 tall. The scars are wide and very long.My implants also seem to fold my breast in half - like the implant is slipping past my muscle. I had brought this to the surgeon and he offered to go in & put smaller implants in but I was scared to have him do anything else. 8 yrs later the folding in half is worse & I'm considering removing them all together with a lift or getting a smaller implant put in.

In 2008 you received 350 mL implants and at the time you weighed 105 pounds at 5 feet tall. Judging from the photographs that you sent, you appear to have gained weight in those eight years. If that is the case, did your breast also in large? At this point they look fairly large and your breast tissue is now hanging over the implants. Ideally, you should see a board certified plastic surgeon with lots of experience in various breast revision procedures. Without the opportunity of a personal examination, it appears that at a minimum you need a mastopexy (uplift) and probably a smaller implant possibly placed a little lower.  According to how much breast tissue you have, the implants could be removed completely, and you would still have a very nice result. Again, to make these determinations you need a personal consultation with your plastic surgeon or a second opinion with another plastic surgeon. Best of luck to you, and I feel that you can get an excellent result with the mastopexy and other mentioned ideas. Thank you for your question and photographs.

Fixing a double bubble - what are your options?

Sometimes fixing a double bubble can be accomplished by repairing the lower pocket and elevation the implant.  However, if your natural breast was saggy to start with, you may very well need a lift.  I do not see how placing a smaller implant would fix the problem. 

The right size for you

It is very difficult to determine the best implant you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants.

Breast augmentation with lift

Thank you for your question.You can have a re augmentation using a smaller implant or no implants with a breast lift. If you have scar tissue  I can remove the capsules at the same time.when performing a breast Reaugmentation I use the bloodless breast Enlargement Technique which I invented. Bleeding is minimal, typically there is no bruising after surgery, and recovery is a lot quicker versus traditional technique. There are three major types of breast lifts. These can be performed at the same time as the breast reenlargement.For more information please view the enclosed video. I hope you find this useful.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

I currently have 350cc breast implants and I'm considering removing them or getting smaller implants?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after previous breast surgery. Ultimately, whether to have breast implant removal along with breast lifting surgery performed OR undergo breast implant downsizing along with breast lifting surgery will be a very personal decision that only you can make after careful consideration of your goals as well as potential risks/complications associated with additional breast surgery. Also, you will be best off achieving your long-term stable weight, if you are not there already, prior to proceeding with additional breast surgery.
 Ultimately, careful selection of your plastic surgeon will be key . It will be important that he/she have significant/demonstrable experience helping patients with revisionary breast surgery. After careful communication, you and your plastic surgeon will come up with the best plan to achieve an outcome you will be happier with. Best wishes.