If I have hyperplasia from Coolsculpting on one area, what are the chances I'll get it on all the other areas treated?

I have hyperplasia after Coolsculpting. I haven't heard of others but it occurred not only on my stomach but inner thighs as well. I've read Zeltiq will help with cost to fix this. Is this true? It it always reversible? What tests/X-rays should I do to show proof of this? How long should I wait? If it occurs on one treated area are the chances high it will occur on all the other areas treated? I had several spaced out, The procedure was done at a Zeltiq trained laser center by a RN.

Thank you for your question. So sorry to hear that. Although it is rare, paradoxical hyperplasia can happen. If it has happened in one area, it can happen in another. I would recommend contacting Zeltiq as they will be able to help and provide you with more information in regards to what documentation they require. Regards,

Hi and so sorry to hear about your issues after coolsculpting. Paradoxical hyperplasia is a rare occurrence following coolsculpting. If this has happened in several areas then it seems plausible for it to occur in other areas as well. If there is documentation of this outcome then Zeltiq will cover the cost to correct it which usually involves liposuction of the involved area(s). Make sure to follow up with your coolsculpting practice and best of luck.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS