I only live on disability income. I have Humana Gold for insurance. How can I afford a tummy tuck and boob job?

Mommy Makeover

Your insurance will not cover these surgeries.. They are considered elective  procedures. I suggest saving the money or looking into financing companies .Best of luck.

Thank you for your question.  Insurance will not cover a tummy tuck and breast augmentation.  Many plastic surgeons offer financing plans through care credit or alphaeon that you can apply for.  Best wishes

Affording a Tummy Tuck

Insurance typically does not cover cosmetic plastic surgery.  To pay for this, you will either have to save your own money, or apply for financing.  CareCredit, Alphaeon, and Prosper are more commonly used companies.

Sometimes when money is an issue, a patient will seek out the "cheapest option".  That "cheapest option" is often not the best option in the long run.  Be careful who you pick to ultimately do your surgery, and make sure they are a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best of luck!

Living on disability income but wants tummy tuck and boob job

Thanks for your question.  As others have stated, unfortunately, insurance companies will not cover any of these elective cosmetic procedures.  Your options are to save up the money, use a typical credit card, or use CareCredit (a credit card for cosmetic surgery).  However, you must always keep in mind that, should you have a complication requiring hospitalization or long term treatment, you will be responsible for all of those charges.  That will not be included in your initial surgery fee.   Best of luck to you.  

Jeffrey G. Lind II, MD
The Woodlands General Surgeon

Cosmetic surgery payment by insurance

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• These are cosmetic self-pay procedures so insurance will not pay for them.
  • If you are disabled, it will be very difficult but the only way to have them is to save the money
  • Financing can be arranged for cosmetic surgery but it requires proof of income -
  • A disability income may not be enough to meet financing criteria but it does not harm to ask.
  • Care Credit is a common financing used for cosmetic surgery
  • You can go to their website and see if you meet their criteria on the on-line assessment form.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Insurance and cosmetic surgery

Thank you for your question. Insurance does not cover elective cosmetic surgery such as a tummy tuck or breast augmentation. There are different financing options to make the monthly payments more affordable. Please visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon to explore your options and the timing of those options in more detail. 

Cosmetic surgery is not covered by insurance

Sorry to inform you that cosmetic surgery is not covered by insurance.  It is unfortunately expensive so you will need to start saving in the range of $12,000 to $20,000 depending on your case would require.  The expenses include the surgeons fee, the anesthesia fee, implant cost, and the facility fees.

Financing or Layaway Plan

Good afternoon,

Unfortunately, insurance and government programs do not pay for plastic surgery procedures. Our facility offers layaway plan and financing. If you do financing you can have your surgery done as soon as possible and then pay little by little. If you choose layaway you can pay for your procedure little by little and then have your surgery done.  

Paying money for a mommy makeover.

Insurance generally plays no role in financing a mommy makeover. The best way to pay for the procedure is to save the money. Credit is available through many plastic surgery offices but is more expensive because of the interest.

Money

Because these procedures are considered elective, insurance and government programs do not pay for them. You will need to save, borrow or earn the money in order to proceed.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD