My first treatment, is this even working? Hair started to grow next day normally

First treatment Back hair, so hair started to grow next day same color same thickness, same density. Is it working? do i have to wait 1-2 weeks to see effects like hair "falling out" ? Next treatment is in 6 weeks, on my second treatment will i immediately see difference next day after second treatment? i will take 4 treatments in total, i hope i won't have to take more than that. Please i need good answers, the trust,i was in depression for so long (cause of back hair.)

Expectations of Laser Hair Removal

The amount of hair that falls out after each treatment can vary. Laser hair removal is done when the hair is in its growth phase. An area with a faster growth (like bikini area) can be treat every 4 weeks. An area with longer growth cycle (like the back) can be treated every 6-8 weeks. Continue your treatment to see maximum results

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Laser Hair Removal expectations

Laser hair removal damages the follicle the hair grows from, it does not pluck the hair out instantly. Hair on the back cycles more slowly than that on the face, sometimes we wait 8 weeks before retreating. The hair will gradually exfoliate out, and if the follicle is dead a new hair will not grow in behind the ones that fell out. In a few weeks you will see this as patchy bare spots.

4 sessions is optimistic, it usually takes 5 to 8.

Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician