Is this a suitable laser for removing male hair, or is it too old?

Laser name: Fotona SP PLUS (Aestetics & dermatology laser systems) is it good? is it too old? i really want to know, also i don't care if it's gonna be painful.. I just want it to remove my hair.. Please just answer on question if it's too old? and if it's good. I will take 4 Treatments and with every Treatment 15% of hair should be removed correct? Thank you very much! Stefan

​Find an Experienced Provider with Good Equipment that is Regularly Calibrated

Newer lasers have features built in (such as sapphire cooling tips) to make them more comfortable.  Some of the newer technology is also more efficient, allowing for lower energy settings to be used with better results and less discomfort.  For any laser treatment, safety is the most important consideration.   In the state of Texas, every new laser patient has to be seen by a medical practitioner.  At that point, they can determine if you can be safely treated with their laser.

We recommend finding an experienced and reputable provider in your area with updated equipment.  Calibration and power of the laser is important for a safe, comfortable and effective treatment.  Find out what laser they will use and if it is under a maintenance contract.  If their laser isn’t calibrated on a regular basis or is underpowered, your treatment may be painful or inefficient. We can't comment on the laser you mentioned.  It doesn't have the power & features we required.

Fort Worth Physician

Thanks for your question --- laser hair removal has come a long way over the past 10 years and even more recently.  The device you are discussing has been around for several years and is perfectly fine – as are most of the devices that have been introduced over this time.  Every laser company has worked diligently on improving their laser hair removal devices so you need to do your homework in your area and find the most experience provider who understands hair and lasers and can be in the best position to treat your unwanted hair.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon