Back hair, back neck hair. Laser hair removal

So first of all.. since i was 16 i had back hair, people were making fun of me. I was depressed for long time. I have a lot of hair on my back, i want it removed at least 60%. I saved money for 4 treatments. office has this laser "Fotona SP PLUS (Aestetics & dermatology laser systems)-Neodimij YAG laser" Is that laser good? also back neck hair.. is really dark (black) it's not same like other hair i have on rest of my body and it's deeper. I want a professional answer please

We always recommend that you consult with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to learn the most up-to-date treatments for laser hair removal.  The laser you are talking about works well – others may work better depending upon what is seen at the physical exam with the provider.  The 1064 nm lasers are the safest, may require the most treatments and work with what you are describing.  The 810 nm diode lasers work extremely well here – and may be faster and provide some really nice results. One thing to remember – no one can predict how many treatments one may need --- 4-6 is average but some need more and some fortunately do well with less.  And some sort of maintenance therapy will also be needed.  Good luck.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Find an Experienced Provider with Good Equipment that is Regularly Calibrated

Newer lasers have features built in (such as sapphire cooling tips) to make them more comfortable.  Some of the newer technology is also more efficient, allowing for lower energy settings to be used with better results and less discomfort.  For any laser treatment, safety is the most important consideration.   In the state of Texas, every new laser patient has to be seen by a medical practitioner.  At that point, they can determine if you can be safely treated with their laser.

We recommend finding an experienced and reputable provider in your area with updated equipment.  Calibration and power of the laser is important for a safe, comfortable and effective treatment.  Find out what laser they will use and if it is under a maintenance contract.  If their laser isn’t calibrated on a regular basis or is underpowered, your treatment may be painful or inefficient. We can't comment on the laser you mentioned.  It doesn't have the power & features we required.

Laura Riehm, MD
Fort Worth Physician