Would lipo or tummy tuck be best? I'm at my pre-pregnancy weight but you can't tell because of my belly/love handles (Photo)

But u can't tell I'm 126 pounds bc of my belly and love handles, so what would be best for me lipo or tummy tuck??

Would lipo or tummy tuck be best?

Greetings

You are a good candidate for Liposuction. Recently invented Nutational Infrasonic Liposclupture (NIL) system developed for solving several problems related with prior techniques using surgical incisions to remove excess fat tissue resulting in prolonged operation time, need of general anesthesia, more tissue damage, bleeding, higher complication rate, prolonged healing period and scarring. It is especially affective in difficult and large areas like the abdomen, buttocks, back, upper arms thighs and knees and in such areas superior to Laser Lipolysis System which is designed to be applied in gentle parts of body. In NIL technique, a cannula having fluctuation, rotation, and vibration movements creating ultrasonic waves allows removing fat tissue gently and safely without harming any other tissues. 

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Lipo or tummy tuck

It would be best to go in for a consultation with a plastic surgeon.  There are different options available to you including coolsculpting which freezes the fat with no surgery time.  You may want to ask your doctor to see if you are a candidate.

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Would lipo or tummy tuck be best? I'm at my pre-pregnancy weight but you can't tell because of my belly/love handles

Congratulations on getting back to your pre-pregnancy weight.

There are a variety of tummy tucks that can produce a good cosmetic result in the appropriate patient: a mini tummy tuck, a modified with an umbilical float, or a variety of a full abdominoplasty, all of which may, or may not, include tightening of the muscle and liposuction. Generally if there is significant loose skin above the umbilicus (belly button), as , a full tummy tuck will result in a greater correction and better outcome. All of these procedures can be performed with liposuction of selective areas. In a patient without significant skin laxity and without weakness of the underlying abdominal muscles, liposuction alone may produce a cosmetic improvement.

If you are planning to have additional children, it is best to delay having a tummy tuck until you are finished with your pregnancies.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on  limited over-exposed two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

The posted photos are over exposed so very hard to be accurate. I think just lipo bt not sure...????

Lipo or tummy tuck

Dear Calliebrooke,
you only need a circumferential liposuction, meaning, your front, flanks and back.
give it a full 6 weeks post-op, go on a high protein diet and exercise after, and your entire mid-section can be refined without the scar of a tummy tuck, the pain, the recovery etc...
check our pictures here !
good luck,
Florence Mussat

Florence Mussat, MD

Liposuction or

It is impossible to give you a definitive answer based on the poor quality of the photos.  Generally speaking, a tummy tuck is required if the patient has a large amount of loose skin or if the patient wishes to remove stretch marks.  My guess is that you may be a fine candidate for liposuction of the abdomen and flanks to achieve the look you desire.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and schedule a consultation to discuss your options.

Liposuction is a good abdominal contouring option

We can't make specific recommendations without an in-person examination - but you may be a fine candidate for liposuction alone. Seek our board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

There are several options available for body contouring today from non-invasive procedures (ex. CoolSculpting) to minimally invasive procedures (ex. Liposuction) to more invasive procedures (ex. Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty).  

Generally speaking, the more invasive the procedure the more dramatic the results can be.  There are many factors that go into determining which procedure is best for each patient.  I would recommend you research each of these procedures and then schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that is experienced in each of these procedure to discuss your goals and desires.  

I hope this helps.  Best wishes!

William J. Vinyard, MD
Palm Beach, Florida

William J. Vinyard, MD, FACS
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Congratulations on achieving your pre-pregnancy weight! Sorry, but I am not able to provide specific enough advice to be truly helpful, based on the photographs posted.  Having said that, most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss,  benefit from a full abdominoplasty in order to achieve the desired results. Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.  You will benefit from in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss your goals and options. Best wishes.

Tummy Tuck Vs. Liposuction

First, I could use a little more history.  When was your baby born?  Sometimes it's just a matter of time before your body can fully recover from the pregnancy - and weight is NOT the only thing that changes.  During the months after pregnancy there are a variety of hormonal changes that influence how tight your tummy skin and muscles will become.  This is just one of the reasons I don't like to recommend a tummy tuck until patients are out at least 6-8 months since giving birth.  
Now, more directly to your question:  If you have a lot of excess skin, then a tummy tuck is your best bet.  For fatty tissue, liposuction works just fine.  Many times we end up doing both liposuction (in the flanks) AND a tummy tuck - but I don't want to commit you to one or another because I haven't examined you and I don't know the whole history at this point.

Thomas P. Sterry, MD