I had a breast augmentation. Any suggestions?

I had a breast augmentation (no lift , under my armpit) my sterile strip came off on one of my arm pits .. The incision looks great.. No leakage or anything .. Should I go and get another one put back on ? It's been a week ..

My sterile strip came off on one of my arm pits . Should I go and get another one put back on ? = ask your surgeon

Patients with questions and concerns about surgical wound dressings shortly after after breast augmentation should address those concerns with the plastic surgeon that performed the operation.

Great question! In my opinion, you wouldn't need a dressing at this point. I recommend that you notify your #Boardcertifiedplasticsurgeon and follow his #recovery #protocol. Best wishes!

Do you need to replace steri strip?

Honestly, no.  As long as everything is healing okay, I wouldn't worry about it.  However, I would still suggest directing this question to your specific plastic surgeon in case he/she feels differently.  Good luck!

The dressing for and axillary breast augmentation

You should not need any dressing at this point. If the incision gets irritated by your clothes, you can consider just putting some paper tape on it until it is no longer a problem.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Steri strip fell off

In my opinion, no it is not necessary.  A simple non-stick dressing with antibiotic ointment should be fine.  Check with your surgeon. Congratulations on your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your surgery.  Assuming you haven't seen anything of concern along your incision it should be fine to leave your incision open.  I would let your surgeon know that your steri strip came off, they may have an ointment recommendation that they want you to use to further improve upon your incision appearance.  Hope that this helps.

Should be OK

No dressing or strip should be fine, or some antibiotic ointment can be placed over the incision with some gaze.
Check in with your surgeon.

Armpit incison

Thanks for your question.  At one week your incision should be sealed and fine.  I do not believe that anothe steri strip in needed.  Of course, your surgeon is the best one to give you advise on the incisopn care. Best regards.