Necrosis after a TT. Will I need a revision & will I have more scars along the incision line where the necrosis is? (Photos)

I'm 12 days post op tummy tuck. Compression garment was too tight caused necrosis. I'm cleansing with antibacterial soap and letting it air dry. Only using spanks now. I'm scared please help I need to know if it looks like it's getting deeper and will I need to have a revision, is this going to leave me with a worse scar incision line & a scar where the necrosis is? If I will need a revision is it something that can be done under a local and not General Anastasia?

Necrosis after a TT. Will I need a revision & will I have more scars along the incision line where the necrosis is?

Read my previous response please. I doubt revision will be needed. But just in case - yes under local anesthesia is a possibility..

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Give It Some Time

Keep the area clean and follow your plastic surgeon's wound care directions. From the one photo, it appears to be a small area and should heal without too much revision necessary, if at all, if things remain stable. Best of luck. 

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Give It Some Time

Scarring

Thanks for your question and photos.  I would allow plenty of time for this to heal on its own.  It is possible that once healing is completed, scarring will be minimal and this will not need any revision.  Follow your surgeon's advice and try to be patient.  Best of luck with your recovery!

Scarring

Necrosis after a Tummy Tuck. Will I need a revision?

Sorry you are having this minor complication. It is not uncommon, and does happen to varying degrees from time to time. Although sometimes scary to see at first, the body does amazing things during the healing process of these types of wounds. This area will open and have some drainage. It will look worse before it looks better. The small wounds needs to heal from the inside out. It will continue to heal, contract and shrink in size until it is completely healed. Follow your surgeons wound care recommendations. If the scar is still unacceptable after 6 months to one year, then a revision can be performed at that time. If a revision is performed, it will likely remove all traces that this ever occurred. Be patient, be positive and follow your surgeons treatment plan. Best wishes. Dr Sam Gershenbaum

Necrosis

You have a small area of necrosis in the point of maximal tension.  I would wait until you are fully healed before considering a revision.  In the meantime, apply antibiotic ointment to the area daily.  The revision would only involve excising a small crescent of skin in the necrosed area.  It can probably be done under local anesthesia in the office. 

Necrosis

Necrosis post TT

From looking at your photos I would treat it conservatively ie keep it clean,covered and antibacteria; ointment.I think you will do well.

Necrosis post TT