I had restylane silk done yesterday on my lips. (photo)

I am very swollen and bruised. Is there anything I can do to make this go away quicker. I am having guests over this afternoon

Swelling and Bruising post restylane silk on lips

This level of bruising is not unusual after lip fillers. Lip augmentation requires advanced injection technique so ensure that you choose an experienced and expert physician injector. Each injector will have his or her own guidelines for post treatment care which you should follow as the injector will know the scope of the treatment and the specifics about yourself. 

After Silk.

Consider a lip stick color which camouflages your bruising. You look appropriate for 1 day after injection. Contact your injector if you swell more. Icing is ok but not massaging. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD

Bruising After Restylane--Add lasers

Bruising is common after lip fillers if needles are used and less common with cannulas. You can get pulsed dye laser treatments 24-48 hours after the bruising starts to remove it. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.