In two weeks I am having full mastopexy with augmentation. I am a cosmetologist, how long before returning to work?

I was told after a week 8 could do nails and facials...and two weeks for hair. Do you think by the 12th day I could ease my way back into hair by taking like one appointment a day?

Breast Augmen

For a breast augmentation, I recommend that my patients can return to work based on the following average guidelines: ·      Above the muscle 3-4 days ·      Below the muscle 4-10 days (average 7) During your consultation, ensure that you are prepared to ask your board-certified plastic surgeon questions, discuss your goals and plans, as well as scheduling. Returning to work at a manageable pace and having realistic expectations for your appointments will be important to your recovery.

Returning To Work

It is best to discuss your recovery timeline and activity restrictions with your Plastic Surgeon. My patients can usually return to office jobs at one week and more physically demanding work at two weeks.
All the best

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

In two weeks I am having full mastopexy with augmentation. I am a cosmetologist, how long before returning to work

easing back is exactly correct. As you do not do much lifting it is more of a question of fatigue from keeping your arms up and in the air. That will occur more with facials and much more if you are cutting or coloring hair. You might need t put your arms down to rest and the appointments will therefore likely take a little longer Nails will present the least obstacle

Julio Garcia, MD