Might Thermiva Vaginal Rejuvenation procedure be an option for me to consider?

A Urologist recommended and preformed a bladder sling. For frequent bladder infections in a years time.At that time I had some leakage when coughing and sneezing not much in my option considering I was over 50. Now since then my bladder control is worse than ever before. Might Thermiva Vaginal Rejuvenation procedure be an option for me to consider? In your option? I do realize every person is different. Or have you heard from patients that have gone thru this condition with positive results?

THERMIva may help

I'm sorry to hear your symptoms got worse and not better after surgery. Though THERMIva has improved symptoms for patients, they are generally ones with mild to moderate symptoms. Though you almost certainly wouldn't get your symptoms eradicated, you may see some improvement, it's worth a try to improve the quality of your situation and life.
Best of luck

Can work very well

Thermiva is a radio frequency based device that heats up the tissue of the vagina, causing regrowth of collagen and tightening of the vaginal tissue.  Both stress and urge incontinence have shown improvement with Thermiva.  Anecdotally, I have had several patients with urge incontinence (which is what you describe) who reported substantial improvement with the Thermiva treatment.

Bladder control after 50

The number one reason for problems with bladder control is lack of hormones. If you have had this evaluated and have balanced your hormones, you definitely should consider ThermiVa to help increase the collagen and tightness of the vaginal supporting tissues. In addition, when performed around the vulva, ThermiVa can also increase the sensitivity of the sensual receptors in that area enhancing sexual sensations, i.e. a nice added perk.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

ThermiVa For Stress Incontinence

ThermiVa is a radio frequency based device. Procedures can improve vaginal and vulvar laxity and mild stress incontinence.  I suggest you visit thermiva.com for additional information on the procedure and doctors that preform ThermiVa in your area. 

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

#ThermiVa Users have reported improvement for stress urinary incontinence though its primary use is for vaginal rejuvenation for both moisture and tightening of both vaginal and labial areas. This  might be a good start for you and if it is not successful, you can proceed to the next step.

Thermiva for vagina and labiaplasty and SUI

Thermiva may help this problem but you should consult a urogynecologist who can do both such as Dr. Alisod in Laguna Beach

ThermiVA is a radio frequency based device. This technology is not able to raise tissue temperatures sufficiently to promote new collagen growth (Neocollagenesis), which is necessary for any lasting results. It has been shown that Neocollagenesis occurs ONLY when the tissues are heated to 60-70C. ThermiVa absolutely does not heat tissues to 60-70C, but only achieves perhaps 45-55 degrees Celsius. By heating the vaginal lining tissues, ThermiVa causes swelling, or edema. There is no scientific basis that supports the notion of ThermiVa producing long lasting results Fractional laser devices, such as Femi Lift by Alma lasers, actually have been shown through rigorous scientific study, to promote Neocollagenesis by heating the vaginal lining tissues to 60-70 degrees Celsius. Furthermore, Femi Lift also causes fractional ablation of the vaginal lining, resulting in regrowth of a thicker and more youthful vaginal lining. In my practice we have treated dozens of patients with Femi Lift and I have nor seen a single treatment failure. Furthermore, most, if not all of my stress urinary incontinence patients (mild to moderate severity) have completely resolved their SUI. Lastly many have posted that ThermiVa is a "newer" technology. That is just patently untrue. Fractional CO2 laser technology was first used clinically in the early 2000's. Radio frequency has been in use since the 1980's and the external application (like ThermiVa) was how RF was first used. People, do your homework and do not trust those who are untruthful!

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

ThermiVa and incontinence

The ThermiVa procedure can improve vaginal and vulvar laxity and mild stress incontinence. It is unlikely to adequately treat severe incontinence. It will be best for you to return to the urologist who performed your bladder sling for evaluation of your worsening incontinence.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

ThermiVa for Urinary Incontinence

ThermiVa can be a helpful treatment to women who have mild stress incontinence. If your incontinence is severe or is not stress incontinence then ThermiVa will not be of benefit to you. Your first step should be follow up by your Urologist. Best of luck.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Complex urinary symptoms since bladder neck surgery- what to do??

While ThermiVa and FemiLift have both been used to gently tighten the vagina and to help with mild urinary incontinence, in your specific situation, with the surgery you mention and the symptoms you relate, my opinion is, definitely, NO, do not let someone perform ThermiVa on you at this time.  I would advise returning to your Urologist with a list of your specific situation, problems & questions, and dispassionately discuss them with him/her.

Michael P Goodman MD