Can my breasts be fixed without a lift or little scars? (Photo)

I want to fix my breasts asap December 5,2016 is my dates. I'm hoping to find someone who can fix my breast possibly with just implants to make them full again or a lift with no scars.

Breast lift with augmentation

You would most likely get the best result with a full breast lift with breast augmentation. If you only put in an implant, you would likely end up with just a larger sagging breast. Please seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Be sure to express your goals and expectations to your chosen surgeon. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, MD. 

Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

San Francisco Bay Area 

#realself #drdeanvistnes #breastlift #breastaugmentation

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Recommendation: Augmentation Mastopexy

Thank you for your question and photo.

Although it is not 100% clear, your photo seems to display ptosis (sagging) which is evident by the downward pointing nipple, and deflated breast. Your nipple may be near or below the fold under your breasts (inframammary fold), and your breast tissue is hanging mildly below the breast fold.

Unfortunately, an implant-based breast augmentation alone will not be effective. In fact, you will not only have to go with a larger than usual implant, but it will also appear too low on your chest (bottoming out). The weight of the implant will worsen the amount of sagging. You may also have a double bubble deformity where the breast tissue overlying the implant droops below in front of the implant. It may also cause a snoopy deformity (named after the cartoon character snoopy) that happens when the implant is held sitting in a high position by tight pectoral muscles, while the natural breast tissue falls off the implant and hangs below at the bottom curvature of your breast.

As such, you need a breast lift for best aesthetic results.

If you are afraid of scars brought on by a breast lift, you can get an initial breast augmentation, and if you become unhappy with your results, then you can opt for a breast lift in the future.

Make sure to choose a surgeon you can trust. Your surgeon should be someone who does not rush you, and someone who does not agree to everything you say because safety should be the first thing on their mind. Clearly, you wouldn’t know what is best for you, so they should guide to make decisions that will minimize complications and allow you to have beautiful breasts in the long-term.

Verify their skills, education, and certification. Ask about your surgeon’s experience about the procedure you want and ask to review photographic examples of your surgeon’s work. Check to see if the aesthetic ideal is consistent with what you are hoping to achieve. Make sure the before and after images have the same perspective, the same lighting.  Read the surgeon’s reviews for the procedure you want

Please book an in-person consultation with a board-certified surgeon and make sure to fully and comprehensively share your desires, expectations, and concerns.

Hope this helps.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast Lift Needed

I'm sorry to disappoint you but based on your photo- it doesn't appear that implants alone would be appropriate for you. When the nipples have descended to this degree and significant sagging is present, only a full lift can reshape the breasts and reposition the areolas to the degree that you would be pleased with the result. This can be done with or without an implant, but placing an implant alone could leave you with the appearance of breast tissue hanging off of it. I recommend that you seek board certified Plastic Surgeons who specialize in this area to meet with in person and share your concerns/goals during a consultation. They will examine you and provide surgical options.

All the best

Scars after a Breast Lift

There is no way to get a full breast lift without the scars (I wish there was). But to get your nipple position in a better spot and to tighten loose skin there is no way around the scars. You have to come to terms with the scars if you are planning to do a full lift. If you are planning to do ONLY a breast implant- do not think that the implants will lift you as much as you think they will. You will only be a larger version of what you are now. Right after surgery you will be tight and swollen and look slightly lifted, when your swelling goes down you will be where you were before surgery just with larger breast. I believe you would get a great result from a breast lift, but if you are not okay with the scars do not do it. Good luck!

Ed Breazeale, Jr., MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

You look like a great candidate for a Breast Lift with or without Implant. Implant will give your breast fullness. 

What are the basic tips to know if I need a breast augmentation or breast lift? It all depends on the position of the nipple on the breast. The further down the nipple is in relation to the fold the more the chances are the patient needs a lift.

High profile are taller and narrower implants when compared to moderate profile implants of the same volume.The decision is usually based on the patient breast dimensions, amount of breast that the patient can contribute to the projection and I also factor the patients desires. I try my best to also respect the skin quality and elasticity in order to prevent future drooping due to unnecessarily heavy implants.

over or under muscle doesn't dictate what size implant we can use.  The muscle coverage is helpful in very thin patients and seems to reduce capsular contracture according to some scientific studies. Under the breast tissue is the most natural feel and has a less chance of animation deformity when the pectoralis muscle contracts. In most instances only the top implant is covered by muscle and the reset of the implant ends up under the breast tissue.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Breast Lift and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote possible. Please be mindful that the in person physical exam is the most important and could potentially alter your treatment plan.