Does any doctor perform coolsculpting on breasts?

I have some asymmetry in my breasts that I would like to address and googled to see if this was an option because i'm looking for the least invasive way. It said it is used for this but I cannot find any doctors that actually perform it. Also how precise can this technique be?

Doctor Answers 15

Coolsculpting and male breasts

I appreciate your question.
Coolsculpting can be used on male breasts with good results
Its best to have an exam and make sure its fat and not breast tissue

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 93 reviews


CoolSculpting is not generally used on female breasts. The CoolSculpting technology targets fat cells, and while it has been used off label to treat male gynecomastia, female breasts are mainly glandular tissue rather than fat, and may not benefit from the treatment. Another option is tumescent liposculpture for the larger breast. This is a gentle, safe way to remove fat with minimal tiny scars at the entry sites of the micro cannulas. I would suggest visiting a board certified dermatologist who specializes in tumescent liposculpture to find out your best option.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 19 reviews

CoolSculpting for breasts?

I would not try CoolSculpting for the breasts.  First, the breast is not just fatty tissue, so there is no way to know exactly how it would respond to CoolSculpting. Second, the breast has a very specific desired shape, and CoolSculpting isn't designed to maintain that shape.  You could consider liposuction or fat transfer or a breast lift, depending on your breast concerns.

Carmen Kavali, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

Breast Asymmetry and Coolsculpting

Breast asymmetry in women cannot be treated with coolsculpting.  To reduce this area would require plastic surgery.  Men have been treated successfully with coolsculpting for an extra bulge.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with coolsculpting for the best cosmetic results.

Michele S. Green, MD
New York Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 78 reviews

Does any doctor perform coolsculpting on breasts?

Thank you for the question. No, cool sculpting is not performed on the breasts. You may find the attached link, dedicated to breast asymmetry concerns, helpful to you as you consider options. Best wishes.

Tom J. Pousti, MD, FACS
San Diego Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 1,499 reviews

CoolSculpting on Female Breast

CoolSculpting is not recommended on female breast because it is more of a glandular tissue, not fat.  CS targets fat cells only.  Male breast have been performed off label with great success because male breast tend to be more fat than glandular tissue.  There are other alternative to achieving more symmetrical breast such as liposuction, fat grafting or breast implants. 

Alan N. Larsen, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 55 reviews

Not on breasts

Coolsculpting is not performed on the breasts.  Talk to your plastic surgeon about symmetrizing options.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 56 reviews

Coolsculpting and Breasts

Liposuction is much better for chest contouring , especially if there is assymetry.  Plus glandular tissue will not be cured with any non invasive option.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

Coolsculpting on Female Breast....NO

Although Coolsculpting is being used off label on men's breast tissue for gynecomastia, I wouldn't use it on the female breast. We've been using on men for several years. It takes about 2 treatments. It works on fat but not glandular tissue. Female breasts are mainly glandular tissue so it probably wouldn't work. If it were used, the result might be a deformed looking breast. It would be much better to see a Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options.

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 41 reviews

Breast asymmetry

If your breast are slightly different size but overall have similar shape, then liposuction of the larger breast may be an option.  Alternatively, fat grafting to the smaller breast may be an alternate option.  
we do have cool sculpting in our practice. I don't recommend it for treating the female breast. I do occasionally treat the lateral aspect of the breast.  

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD
Houston Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.