Treatment for hollow eyes. (photos)

I have always had deep set eyes. Over the years the tear troughs have worsened. Can fat fat grafting in on apples of cheeks n cheek bone area help ?Repeated fillers in tthe area mentioned above are very expensice

Treatment for Hollow Eyes

For patients experiencing hollowness that may be a part of their family tree or a new acquisition, I discuss with you the details of combining a blepharoplasty technique with autologous fat transfer. Of course a simpler in-office procedure is to give you some volume in your mid face by using agents like Voluma, Juvederm, or Radiesse. Fat grafting alone will make a substantial improvement in the hollowness of the eyes but some patients need to have their orbicularis muscle manipulated as well as the lateral canthal ligament may need tightening. For that I recommend a consultation and a fully informed decision as to the tradeoffs in performing the procedures together or separately.

Treatment for Hollow Eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Eyelid Hollows and Darkening

There are many ways to treat dark circles and hollows under the eyes. It is important to note however, that the majority of times the cause for this is genetic and due to the blood vessels below. It is important to see a cosmetic dermatologist who is well trained in skin care, lasers, and fillers, as the majority of cases require a combination of treatments to give you the best results. All my patients are on topical lightening creams and sun protection as well as antioxidants to improve the skin texture and tone. Many get peels or lasers to help tighten, improve the complexion and decrease wrinkling. Fillers can replace lost volume and cover up the vessels below to make the discoloration less noticeable. Laser genesis, sublative radiofrequency, and nonablative clear and brilliant lasers are procedures my patients love for this condition. You best next step is to find someone reputable and experienced for a formal in person evaluation for facial rejuvenation. Best, Dr. Emer.

Eyelid Hollows and Darkening

Fat Grafting for under eye hollows - View photos at 3 mos, 6 mos and 12 mos for evidence

Fat grafting can be a wonderful treatment for people with hollows under eye eyes or other areas of the face. Fat must be used judiciiously and conservatively. A lkink to my fat grafting gallery is below.   Fat grafting in a procedure that requires a significant amoutnof experience and expertise and quite frankly, a plastic surgeon who truly enjoys this procedure. Specialized instrumentation and patience from the plastic surgeon is needed. Fat grafting, like many other procedure have very different putcomes depending on the plastic surgeon performing the procedure.  View many, many before and after photos in the smaepostion woiht the same lighting and cropping. The resylts should look smooth, nor lumpy of over-filled.

Fat grafting has changed the way I perform facial rejuvenation. When performed with exprtise, the results are absolutely beautiful, natural looking and lasting. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for hollow eyes

Fat grafting works very well for this area.

However the grafted fat must "take" reliably(stay) and the contour must be artistic.

In my experience nothing gets rid of pigmentation(dark circles) like the growth factors in grafted fat.

Also you have laxity of the out corners of your eyes which the fat will help support.

Hope this helps

Treatment for hollow eyes

Hope this helps

Tear troughs

The tear troughs can be treated with hyaluronic acid fillers like Restylane. Best of luck with your decision to move forweard.

Tear troughs

Fat grafting to face

Facial fat grafting is a great answer to mild tear trough deformities for patients with otherwise good skin quality. Facial fat grafting is excellent for restoring or adding volumization to facial compartments that are lacking or have descended some. The process is more involved than with injectable fillers and requires harvesting fat, processing it and delivering it to a new area. The tradeoff of a more in depth procedure is that most (~75-80%) of the fat that is transferred will remain there permanently.

Fat grafting to face