Are my nipples swollen or tubular after Breast Implants? (photos)

Hi I had my implants done 5 week ago my nipples were never perfect they used to fold down and sink in but when erect perfect I'm so upset and can't find any help on google for this I feel if something needed to be done to my nipples before I should of been told

Are my nipples swollen or tubular after Breast Implants?

You are still early in your healing process so don't be overly concerned yet. I can't tell from your pictures whether you had your implants put in thru a periareolar incision. If so, the scar tissue reaches its maximum at 5 to  weeks, then softens over several months. Your nipples will return more to their normal shape when the tissue relaxes. Scar massage can also help.

Worst case scenario if your nipples do not change is a very minor periareolar procedure to improve the shape. Again, I would not consider doing anything for at least 3 more months.

Nipple issue

You had saggy nipples before and now they may be puffy.  I would give it time to heal. If they stay puffy then perhaps a small areola reduction might help in the future.

Droopy nipples

From your postoperative photo, there seems to be some laxity of the tissues surrounding the nipple with a small amount of herniated breast tissue directly behind the nipple. The tension of the skin from the breast implant has not been transmitted all the way to that areolar skin to keep the nipple  from falling unless the underlying muscles are tensed from either cold or stimulation. This can be fixed with a small circular type mastopexy where tension of the static type can be placed around the areola and the small amount of herniated breast tissue can be then pushed backward. Ask your chosen plastic surgeon if this is something that can be addressed in you. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS