Will I need a Tummy tuck and lipolite? (photos)

I had my son 3 1/2 years ago via C-section, he was very big 9.9 lbs and 22 inches long. Hes my only child and I'm 28 years old I'm not planning on having anymore children. I'm very active do to work and I have lots of muscle but can't seem to get rid of belly fat or excess skin.

Excess skin needs tummy tuck>

Thanks for sharing your photos and questions. Based on your photos, I believe you can have a dramatic improvement in your figure with a combination of tummy tuck and liposuction. I see there's excess skin in the abdomen and this won't shrink with just liposuction. There are risks to surgery and you should consider the benefits and risks carefully while consulting with several surgeons in your area. With a full tummy tuck, the skin that lives below the belly button, including all the stretch marks, can be removed leaving a smoother body. The waistline is reduced better with liposuction than with just the tummy tuck and no liposuction. Best wishes always, Dr. Aldo

Will I need a Tummy tuck and lipolite?

Thank you for the question and photo. From this limited view, it looks like you would do best with a full tummy tuck and liposuction to contour your midsection. See a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation/evaluation. There are many variations on the "standard" tummy tuck and you should look at photos of similar patients like you to see if you like the results. Good luck.

Tummy tuck best option for excess skin

A full tummy tuck will remove the excess skin and localized fat, and repair a muscle separation if necessary. The fat thinning may involve some liposuction but do not be swayed by any brand names. Choose a surgeon who does a lot of tummy tucks.

Richard Baxter, MD

Will I need a Tummy tuck and lipolite?

Thank you for the question and picture. You will likely be an excellent candidate for tummy tuck surgery at some point; definitive advice however would necessitate much more information. 

Best to do this operation when you are at your long-term stable weight, if you are not there already. Doing so will help improve the outcome of the procedure and minimize chances that additional surgery will be necessary subsequently. 

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.  

When the time is right, seek consultation with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. It will be important to educate yourself about the potential risks/complications associated with surgery and have a good idea of realistic expectations. I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Will I need a Tummy tuck and lipolite?

Thank you for your question.Based on your photos, it appears that you would a candidate for a tummy tuck operation. A tummy tuck removes excess skin above and below the belly button. Sutures are placed in the abdominal wall to flatten the tummy, above and below the belly button. Liposuction can also be used to remove excess fat from the abdominal skin and flank (love handle) areas. The effect of the liposuction and suturing narrows the waistline to give an hourglass silhouette.When preparing for tummy tuck surgery, it's important to be within 10 pounds of your goal weight. If you're planning to lose a significant amount of weight in the future, then it's best to lose it prior to surgery to get the best chance of having long-lasting results. Your body mass index (BMI calculators can be found online) should also be below 30. This decreases the chance of having a complication from the surgery.Make sure to see board-certified plastic surgeons. They are the most qualified surgeons to perform a tummy tuck operation. Congratulations on taking the next step.

Will I need a Tummy tuck and lipolite?

Based on your photos but without an examination, you appear to be a good candidate for a   
  full tummy tuck and liposuction of selective areas. It is difficult to tell whether in fact you
are a good candidate for those procedures without a physical examination and complete
  medical history. It would depend on your anatomical findings, motivation, and realistic
  expectations.

The best long term cosmetic results with the least likelihood of potential complications are
  achieved in patients who weigh within 10 pounds of their ideal weight.

If a member of my family underwent these procedures, they would be performed by an
  experienced plastic surgeon who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic
  Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. If you
  are serious about undergoing these procedures, you should have a thorough consultation
  with a plastic surgeon having those credentials, who will fully explain what is entailed in the
  procedures, including both the positives and potential problems. You should be
  complimented on the fact that you are seeking valid information before jumping into any
  procedure.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon