How should I treat this? (Photo)

I just had a reaug. After losing my implant for 3 months on the right. I'm one week post op and now my left side is not healing. Surgeon says to give it time and rest. What treatment options can I try? I don't want too lose my breast again.

How should I treat this?

I do not like the way that looks in this picture, but in person it always is different. There are times when waiting is the right answer and I can not tell without seeing it myself. Just stay on top of this for sure. 

Breast augmentation - worried about healing on one side

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • I am so sorry you have had to go through this.
  • To be able to have any help to offer, one would need to know much more about this unusual situation -
  • Including your health, if you smoke (anything not just tobacco), the implant size, what led to the loss of the implant on the right, if a lift was done at the same time, if there was infection, what kind of infection, the reason for re-operating now on the left side, if your surgeon is Board Certified in plastic surgery.
  • Even so, it might be time for a second opinion - even if everything your surgeon has done is perfect, you need to find out why you don't heal.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS