Is it possible to straighten my crooked septum to where my nostrils look even? (Photos)

I plan on getting a Rhinoseptoplasty but I'm afraid my nose will become even more crooked or collapsed. I hear too many horror stories on how patients nose turned out worse than before.

Asymmetric nostrils from septal deviation

It should be possible to make your septum more straight where it deviates to your left just inside your nostril.
You can read more about this type of surgery and see example photos at my web reference link below.

Crooked Nose

Your nostrils are uneven because of the septal deviation as you have mentioned. Straightening the caudal end of the septum is usually a very predictable part of a rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty addressing a crooked septum

Frequently rhinoplasty patients have a crooked septum, which should be addressed at the same time.
This should both improve breathing and contribute to the overall shape of the nose. 

In my web reference, you can see an example of a very crooked septum corrected by septorhinoplasty.
I recommend consulting with a rhinoplasty specialist and ask specific questions about how to safely achieve your goals regarding breathing function as well as the shape of the nose. Safety comes first.

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Straightening My Crooked Septum

A septorhinoplasty can be done to straighten your obviously deviated septum, remove a slight hump, and augment the mid-portion of your nose to correct the hour-glass appearance. I suggest you select an experienced rhinoplasty specialist so you do not have to worry about a bad result.

Septorhinoplasty for correction of deviated septum and crooked nostrils, etc.

Septorhinoplasty for correction of deviated septum  and crooked nostrils, etc.  A septoplasty will straighten your septum and make your nostrils symmetrical. At the same time the nasal hump can be slightly shaved and the middle portion of your nose can be grafted so you don't have an hourglass nose. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for best results. 

Rhinoplasty for crooked nose, septoplasty for deviated nasal septum

The base view demonstrates a deviated nasal septum which is most likely restricting airflow and is causing asymmetrical nostrils. A septoplasty is performed for medical necessity to straighten that deviated nasal septum on the inside of the nose. A septoplasty will not  straighten the nose from the outward appearance. A  closed rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish straightening the crooked nose with all the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. To straighten a crooked nose requires osteotomies placed in the nasal bones, and a cartilaginous spreader graft placed underneath the concave upper lateral cartilage in the midportion of the nose. Rhinoplasty for the  crooked nose in addition to a deviated septum is a difficult endeavor, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience. computer imaging performed in the office setting would also be helpful to understand what can and cannot be accomplished with the procedure. For more information and many examples of crooked nose repair in our practice, please see the link and the video below