Female, uneven nose, jaw, and mouth. What is the best procedure(s) to correct facial asymmetry? (photo)

I have a lot of asymmetry in my face. I had braces for 4 years. What is the best procedure or combination of procedures to help make my face look more symmetrical? I have heard of doing fillers, but would like more permanent results. Thank you!

Facial Asymmetry Correction

Your facial asymmetry is most manifest in the lower right side of your face. It is smaller and sits lower. A more thorough analysis is needed with a 3D CT scan to see how different the right facial bones are and how that are best augmented. (most likely jaw angle implant )The down slanting corner of the mouth needs a corner lift. A tip rhinoplasty will make the tip smaller and more symmetric in shape.

Correction of facial asymmetry

Based on your photos there is a certain degree of asymmetry in your face. However, in person exam would be necessary to determine most critical parts of asymmetry and how to deal with it. Different options are generally available for treatment of facial asymmetry depending of the cause; facial implants, fat grafting and soft tissue fillers. 

You should seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with significant experience in facial rejuvenation surgery to discuss your goals and options. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Facial asymmetry

Hi Soleil90, 

Thanks for your question. Facial asymmetry is an interesting topic, because we all have facial asymmetry to some degree. The problem arises when the asymmetry becomes a distracting feature that detracts from your other facial features. The asymmetry can be caused by a number of issues, ranging from bony asymmetry to soft tissue asymmetry, but can also include some "optical illusion" sort of issues that can make the asymmetry look worse. An in-person evaluation would be the best starting point to look into the potential causes.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Jaw

Few x-rays from front and side of the skull should be taken to determine the origin and existence of asymmetry. If asymmetry is there, then you would need jaw surgery first then nose surgery if needed.

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon