Should I consider getting a forehead reduction or is it too risky for someone my age. (19) (photos)

Hairline lowering

1. You have a beautiful face and the only thing I can see is that your face could be more proportional. Proportionally speaking the face is divided into 3 thirds.  The chin to the bottom of the nose, the bottom of the nose to the bridge of the nose, and the bridge of the nose to the hairline.  Given this….. the best choice in my opinion would to lower the hairline and feminize the forehead using the following options
    • FUE.  Also, FUE would have minimal downtime and pain.  FUT (strip procedure) is also a possibility as it is less costly but you may experience more downtime and more pain.
    • You can achieve this lowering hairline through surgical options too which leave a line of scar in front of your hairline that might need further hair transplant in front of it.  However, the advantage of this method is that you can expect full density in only one procedure.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

19 year old and wants forehead reduction surgery

You are 19 year old and want a forehead reduction surgery. Many women with high hairlines your age, do have forehead reduction or hair transplant forehead reductins surgery. There are two types which are defined in the video below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

High Hair Line in Female

A history of hair loss is a more important determining factor for forehead reduction than your age. A high hair line with m-pattern peaks however is more amenable to a hair transplant if performed correctly and it does not result in scarring.

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon

Is Forehead Reduction Too Risky for 19 Year Old Lady?

Your age should not influence your decision re forehead reduction surgery; your face is fully mature at this time. Physically you're an excellent candidate to lower your hairline. Consult with a surgeon who uses all available techniques including the irregular trichophytic hairline Incision that we described over 30 years ago.

Age 19 forehead reduction.

Your particular age would not exclude you from having this procedure. I have done this procedure many times on women over age 18. A number of other factors usually determine your candidacy for this surgery.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon