I'm getting my drain tube out today after capsulectomy and a new implant, is it going to hurt?

I heard it hurts really bad getting the drain tube out I have had it for 8 days after capsulectomy and a new implant placement, any advice?

Drain removal usually goes very easily and smoothly.  Yes, it does sting a little but only for brief moment.  You may want to take a dose of pain medication an hour before your appointment.

Practices will vary.  In our practice, some patients elect to have local anesthesia injected around drains to decrease discomfort associated with drain removal. Best wishes.