Have any Doctors heard of a surgeon doing a diastasis repair during umbilical hernia surgery through belly button? (Photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 6
In most cases i don't think enough exposure can be obtained through the incisions in your second photo to allow adequate diastasis repair. The diastasis typically extends from just under the breast bone to just above the pubic bone. This it typically repaired along this entire length when a tummy tuck is performed.
You should check with the surgeon who performed the procedure and he or she is best able to comment on the details of hr procedure performed.
Diastasis repair during umbilical hernia surgery through belly button?
You might also like...
Have any Doctors heard of a surgeon doing a diastasis repair during umbilical hernia surgery through belly button?
Diastasis repair through umbilical incision
- The standard diastasis repair is done via a tummy tuck incision.
- Occassionally it is done endoscopically.
- Your photos don't suggest a standard diastasis repair was done.
- The muscle soreness is probably from the mesh around the hernia repair.
- With persistent soreness, see your surgeon again to check that all is well.
- To correct the stomach widening, wait at least six months from hernia surgery and then have a proper muscle repair.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.