Can I get all these procedures done at once?

Hello I am booked for a breast augmentation and BBL in a month. The doctor said that it is commonly done and that there would be no problem with recovery. However, I also wanted to get a nose job later on in the year but I feel like it would be better to get all the surgery over with at once. Could I get all of it? or would it be too much trauma to the body?

#allatonce

The short answer is YES, you can combine all those surgeries. It is common in my practice and patients appreciate just one surgery and one recovery. Discuss risks vs benefits with your surgeon for this approach and explore reasons for recommendations.

Too much surgery in one setting?

Colon, it is not the amount of surgery that is critical, but the overall setting. If you are young (in your 20s) in excellent shape, and your surgery is done in an appropriate setting by an experienced surgeon then a single long operation can be done. If you are older,with a few health problems, and your surgeries are more complicated and the setting is in a small clinic with little backup and your surgeon is challenged by the difficulty of your case then horrible things can go wrong. You need an honest evaluation and splitting the surgeries may be a better plan. Remember Babe Ruth hit many home runs but he also struck out a lot. You cannot afford to strike out.

Max Gouverne, MD
Corpus Christi Plastic Surgeon

All procedures done at once?

Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, you can have all the procedures done at once to avoid going under anesthesia again. I suggest seeking a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss in detail your procedures and procedure recovery. Best of luck! 

Ricardo Vega, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Stage them

I think the three may be too much for one day in the Operating room. Best of luck with your surgery..

Combination of procedures

Thank you for your question.  While it is possible to combine procedures, it is recommended that the combined time to complete all of the procedures to exceed a certain time limit.  It would be up to your plastic surgeon to determine the safety of completing all of the procedures at the same time.  I recommend you discuss with your surgeon.  Best wishes!

Thank you for your question. It may be possible to complete all of your desired procedures, but in most surgeon's hands this will test the amount of time advisable for an aesthetically based case. An in-person examination is needed to make the best advice, based on the extent of work required, so be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation.