Nose job to fix broken nose and make it smaller overall? (photos)

It looks like as if a bone was sticking out on the top of the right side, which in general has like a roung going out shape while the left has a slope like shape. i would like to make both sides straighter, (ofcourse getting rid of the petruding bone thing) also i would like to make the tip smaller, would that be possible? i feel like this nose makes my face look harsh and asymetrical, would surgery give me a softer look, mayb if u can give me an example of a nose that would fit my face better?

Broken Nose

Thank you for your question and photos,  am sorry to hear about your brokn nose. From evaluating your photo is clearly show that your nose is not asymetrical, in your case you are a good candidate for Rhinoplasty. However our new approach in rhinoplasty operations using autologous stromal cell enriched fat transfer to required areas with depression and irregularities, patients experience less surgical trauma, less change in basic structures of nose, thus a shorter and more comfortable healing period with more succesfull results.I have attached a video to help you understand more and link where you can see more before and after photos.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose

Crooked nose is one of the most common reasons to get a rhinoplasty. The deviation is usually a combination of deviated septum and deviated nasal bones. Both can be corrected at the time of surgery. A straighter and a bit narrower nose will suit your face better. RegardsDr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fix Broken Nose and Make It Smaller

Your nose can be straightened, the bridge narrowed, and the tip refined so you have a smaller, more feminine nose. Select a rhinoplasty expert because fractured noses are particularly challenging. Look at the websites of surgeons you're considering for examples of noses like yours. 

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from osteotomies and spreader grafts to straighten your nose.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Nose job to fix broken nose and make it smaller overall?

The nasal areas that you described and would like improved can be addressed with a nasal surgery (rhinoplasty) and a probable septoplasty which are typically done at the same time. A natural appearing nose can be achieved when the procedures are performed by an artistic plastic surgeon with extensive experience in nasal surgery.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and what can be achieved based on  limited two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

amanda-Thank you for your question and pictures! It seems like you have a good idea of what you want and what is wrong.  Yes, you have a deviation of your nasal bones at the junction with your upper cartilages, giving you that C-shape deformity.  Your tip does lack definition, and together with the C-shape of the bridge it makes it look less defined as well.  My question would be how your tip sits from a profile view, to get a better idea of whether you need rotation of your tip, projection, etc, but these are all things that can be examined during a consultation.  You would be a great candidate for rhinoplasty - the goal would be to straighten the upper part of the nose while polishing the right side such that it matches more closely the left side, giving your tip more definition and, overall, ensuring that you have a beautiful nose that fits the rest of your face.  Varying techniques can be done, but this can all be talked about during your consultation.  I prefer closed rhinoplasty, but thats a conversation for a different day.  Best of luck.  I hope some of this helps.  I think you will do great! 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Reconstruction

The
nasal reconstruction will straighten the nose, repositioning and narrowing the
bony vault. The tip can be sculpted creating more definition and a more
attractive appearance. The functional aspect can be accomplished at the same
time, straightening the nasal bones and septum; reducing the turbinates
internally will also improve the airway thus the functional and cosmetic result
can definitely be accomplished.

Stephen M. Krant, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

A Rhinoplasty Should Make Everything Look Better

All of the things you describe as wanting to improve with regards to your nose are certainly possible following a well done rhinoplasty.The most important thing to consider it is not just whether you will have a good looking nose following your surgery but that your new nose will also improve the appearance of the rest of the features on your face. Look for an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon in your area who does computer imaging as a part of his or her preoperative consultation.  This way you can make sure that the changes done to your nose will not only make the nose look good but will improve everything else as well.

Michael R. Menachof, MD
Greenwood Village Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose

Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose is a very difficult endeavor, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience. To straighten the crooked nose requires osteotomies placed in the nasal bones to straighten them. A spreader graft is usually required to be placed underneath the concave upper lateral cartilage in the midportion of the nose. The tip of the nose can also be made smaller. All of these changes can be made by placing the incisions completely on the inside of the nose, also known as a closed rhinoplasty approach. For more information and many rhinoplasty before-and-after's for crooked nose repair, please see the link and the video below