How can I improve the look of my lips? (Photos)

My top lip is larger than my bottom lip, therefore I was wondering if I made the bottom one bigger, would it look better or would it throw off the balance? Any other suggestions?

Lip Proportions Favor bottom Lip- Fix With Fillers

Your lips are lovely and full, but it is true that our sense of aesthetics favors a lower lip that is slightly larger than the top. You can balance out your lips a bit more by having a board-certified dermatologist inject a hyaluronic-acid based filler such as Juvederm or Restylane into your lower lip. I would suggest being conservative with the injections so you don't get an over-full or ducklike effect. Consulting with a board-certified dermatologist will give you a good idea of what will look most beautiful on your face.

San Diego Dermatologist

Juvederm and Restylane Can Help Balance Asymmetrical Lips

Your top lip is significantly plumper than your bottom. I believe you would benefit from a hyaluronic-acid based filler to create a more harmonious balance. Juvederm and Restylane are my favorite fillers for this area. Please find a board-certified dermatologist who has expertise in lip augmentation to ensure an aesthetically pleasing outcome that is in harmony with your natural beauty.

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

How can I improve the look of my lips?

While lip shape is a matter of personal aesthetics and preference, filling your lower lip will definitely make it more balanced with your upper lip. 

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Top lip is larger than my bottom lip, therefore I was wondering if I made the bottom one bigger, would it look better or would i

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years. From the photos, your upper lip is much larger than your lower lip. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The lower lip can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant for a permanent enhancement.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Hope this helps.

Balancing the look of the lips

Thank you for asking about your lip augmentation.

• Based on your photos, I would think that a little lower lip filler will balance your lips nicely.
  • Another option woujld be upper lip reduction - but with the current fashion for full lips, a lower lip filler seems the better choice!

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Lip Fillers and Correction

I have treated thousands of lips and you are there perfect candidate for a small amount of lip fillers in the lips to correct the imbalance.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience in cosmetic injections.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip Augmentation For Symmetry

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Based on your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for lip augmentation for symmetry with a dermal filler such as Juvederm.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Lip Augmentation with Fillers (Restylane, Juvederm) or Lip Implant or Fat --- Go Slow, Use Cannulas --

I find that fillers, (Restylane, Juvederm) are good to create a symmetrical lip.  Please see an expert for a formal consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip ratio

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. Ideally, one's lower lip should be about 30% larger than the upper lip, but form the photos it appears as though your upper lip is more full than your bottom lip. Therefore, you might like having some filler placed into your lower lip to balance out the ratio between your lips. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Upper lip larger than lower

I think the upper lip is too large. I would remove filler from it rather than put more in the lower. If there is no filler in the upper than the only option is filling the lower one. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD