Can I Have Bodytite Surgery While Taking Roaccutane?
Doctor Answers 1
Bodytite Surgery and Roaccutane
Thank you for your question about Bodytite Surgery and Roaccutane.
- Bodytite 'surgery' is simply radiofrequency-assisted liposuction.
- Radiofrequency heats the skin from below. Then fat is removed.
- The idea is that heat causes collagen cross-links, shrinking skin.
- Roaccutane (isotretinoin) causes skin dryness and slow healing.
- There are no studies about risks with this and radiofrequency lipo.
- Biggest isotretinoin concerns are birth defects, inflammatory bowel disease and brain problems. Personally, I would defer liposuction until off Roaccutane. Why increase your risks?