Is It Ok to Get Body Sculpture Surgery. After 3 Months of Have C Section and Tighing my Tubes? Im 40 Years Old.

I Had preclyemsia Had her at 24 weeks.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift….

Liposculpture After C Section

Thank you for your question. I would recommend waiting a full year of returning to optimal health, and regular exercise and a healthy diet. Then revisit the options, and develop a plan. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

When to have surgery

it depends. Like most of the doctors here, 3 months to 6 months is recommended. we want you to be healthy and well before having any surgery. 

are you breast feeding now? 

are you back to your baseline weight? 

I would seek some in person consultations and see what a board certified PS in your area would recommend. 

Sometimes after pregnancy, liposuction is preferred. However, if the skin is loose, a tummy tuck or body lift may be necessary. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Washington DC

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

3 Months after C-section and Liposuction

3 months after C-section would be the earliest at which I would recommend surgery.  An exam would have to determine if liposuction alone would be the best alternative.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Body Contouring

Once you are done with childbearing, that is the time to definitively address the abdomen.  Most women have some laxity of the abdominal fascia and loose skin that needs to be addressed.  In my practice most women are a candidate for a Mommy Makeover.  This includes not only addressing the abdomen with some type of Tummy Tuck, but also addressing loss of volume and support of the breasts and sometimes Liposculpture to the hips and thighs.  The best time to do this is 3-6 months after you are done breastfeeding and when you are at a stable weight.  Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Liposuction soon after pregnancy

I would recommend waiting at least 6 months to allow your body to get back to its "normal" size and shape. Are you back to your pre-pregnancy weight or still trying to lose a few more pounds? You also need to allow your uterus to shrink back to its normal size which may take a little longer than 3 months.

Paul Wigoda, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon